Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone here make mead?
THAT is AWESOME Greg!! Glad to have you back. You've been missed. Now I KNOW I need to take a look at this with the blue and rasp flavors. What do I need to get started on a shoestring? I bet a blackberry would be amazing. Better a berry blend.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

What Is Mead , is it like moonshine , Grappa
(08-11-2011, 06:00 AM)jam Wrote: What Is Mead , is it like moonshine , Grappa

It is a wine that gets it's fermentable sugars mainly from honey, not fruit like regular wine.
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
Looks good!
--Mike
(08-10-2011, 11:59 PM)tafdom Wrote: THAT is AWESOME Greg!! Glad to have you back. You've been missed. Now I KNOW I need to take a look at this with the blue and rasp flavors. What do I need to get started on a shoestring? I bet a blackberry would be amazing. Better a berry blend.

T, Greg sent me this link a while ago. I've been thinking of trying it myself...it looks easy to start.

http://www.stormthecastle.com/mead/fast-...making.htm
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Started a one gallon batch tonight of 4lbs honey, 25 raisins (yeast nutrient), pack of redstar...

and two bumps from a ginger root... about 20 potato slicer, slices.