Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3D TV
anyone else have 3D on there TV. if you do, what do you think of it?
I have it and I love it more every time I watch a 3D movie Thumbsup
You know I have been thinking about going 3D.
--Mike
How does it work for regular D? Is the picture for normal TV as good as a regular TV?
I like smoking lightning
Just watched TRON in 3D. Amazing. just Amazing
3D pfft waiting for 4D. :p
I just got my first flat screen since one of mine died. It's only a 22" led. LOL My 32 Sony tube just wont die.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I have to check out 3D sometime I still love my bluray
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
I wear glasses, so having to wear glasses over my glasses is just not happening! I think at some point they will rule the tv's with the shutter glasses cause people problems. Video games have warning labels about Seizures & Epilepsy where one could have a reaction where they never even had a history of seizures! The 3D glasses work on a shutter effect to fool your brain, thus a flickering.

In some epileptics, flickering or flashing lights, such as strobe lights, can be responsible for the onset of a tonic clonic, absence, or myoclonic seizure. This condition is known as photosensitive epilepsy, and in some cases, the seizures can be triggered by activities that are harmless to others, such as watching television or playing video games, or by driving or riding during daylight along a road with spaced trees, thereby simulating the “flashing light” effect. Some people can suffer a seizure as a result of blinking one’s own eyes. Contrary to popular belief, this form of epilepsy is relatively uncommon, accounting for just 3% of all cases. In all other epileptics, such lights are no more capable of triggering a seizure than in a non-epileptic person.

I'm not an epileptic, but considering how much TV children watch we should be concerned about the risks and how prolonged use of the 3D system could lead to problems. I do play the PS3 system for hours at times and when I finally walk away, I'm sometimes very edgy and find myself not able to come out of that "zone" for about 30 minutes or so. Too much Call of Duty Black Ops! lol! But damn its fun!
Nana

(04-15-2011, 04:55 PM)steve047 Wrote: Nana

damn, you just caused me a seizure with that flickering tongue!

(Eric, I learned about that photo reactive seizure thing form the movie the Andromeda Strain (the original)
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer