Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gvt. shut down...
(04-10-2011, 11:29 AM)Poriggity Wrote: Cut welfare. COMPLETELY. 99% of the people on it are perfectly capable of finding a job, but they are sucking on the teet of the taxpayers. I don't understand how Obama got into office. While I know, it's probably not ALL his fault, I'm sure most of it is.. Well, his, and his democrat buddies. The way this country is being run makes me want to move to canada.
Scott

Simple. He promised the Oprah crowd the world in a Mesonic type rhetoric. They thought that their mortgages would get paid. Or they would get a house if they did not have one.

The black liberal women were promised continued entitlements if they kept popping out drug addict kids. And the white liberal women were promised Planned Parenthod abortions to alieve them of personal responsibility from bar hookups or fear of deformed meth babies.

The Hispanic women were promised amnesty and food stamps. And the Asian women voted for McCain for lower small business taxes as they were working their azzes off running noodle shops, nail salons, and generally busting tail in recognition of the opportunity which America truly is supposed to offer.
Disappointing were this conversation went, from a question of federal government negligence for the well being of its troops and citizens to scapegoating our worse off citizens as the problem.

Gomercindo Gutierrez, who Tank has met, is a marine friend of mine who is receiving his GI bill money and went back to school. Lots of money at that. Sad to hear that soilders are not getting paid, but this country has a long history of treating their service men poorly, both through combat and once they return, regardless of the political party in control.

Conflicts around the world have been costly, long and have tested the American people and economy to its limits as we engage in wars with little to no exit strategy. Unfortunately they dont think about an out and we are left spending billions while the enemy waits us out.

These social programs are not a problem, they do not take nearly as much as military ventures, therefore to push them as the biggest problem is a fallacy, a cheap trick and too simple of an answer, riddled with a commence-sense-racist attitude of the poorest people of our republic.

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
I see our eddukatian is paying of your you grasshopper. Nice post

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

It was meant as a joke Sergio but it is true. Asians are the only group where there is not widespread use of entitlements relatively speaking. Stats dont lie. And Gumer is a great guy but he has nothing to do with conversation.

Sergio, entitlements are a problem. But so are the wars we are engaged in. However, in the seven days it took to agree to a $37 billion dollar cut, we spent $54 billion in interest on our debt. And the military budget is only about 18 percent annually.

Annual interest alone for the entire budget is 22 percent which tells us it is coming from frivolous entitlements above and beyond the constitutional mandates to run thenfederal government. You cannot attain 22 percent interest in a budget where the military spending accounts for it's smaller portion.
We can completely cut the departments of:

Labor
Commerce
Education
Agriculture
EPA
Health and human services

None of these agencies have a constitutional charge to supercede states laws and rights and yet they do. The Federal Government is supposed to only provide for a national security of the states, serve as a communicator of unified states in foreign policies, and provide a common national currency. NOT, for example tax others states, entities, or individuals in order to entitle other states, groups or individuals through redistribution.

Nor should it have confiscated state's lands and federalized them. Only to not let states use their own land's natural resources for the benefits of it's own people.
(04-08-2011, 02:35 PM)Kaos32 Wrote:
(04-08-2011, 08:58 AM)jollymon16 Wrote: Shut it down!

So I sit here in Afghanistan and this moring my command tells us that we wont be getting paid. Ok, so i first think about my wife back home left to pay bills and live off of what? I didnt come here to spend 7 months away from my family for free. We just sent two Marines home in a box yesterday and your telling me the government isnt going to pay them or their families for their lives that they gladly gave. Or all of us that are over here hoping our families will be ok. They are talking about soup kitchens on base, like were f*cking homeless. We give our lives at least give us a living. This is rediculous. I guess I can just send the bank an IOU for this month. You have got to be kidding me.

Largely a scare tactic of the Dems, though I'm not saying they wouldn't have gone THROUGH with it...It amazes me that no one stood up in the media and raised cain that they even considered stopping pay to the troops while at the same time would be sending out SSI checks!

(04-11-2011, 01:35 PM)sergione Wrote: Disappointing were this conversation went, from a question of federal government negligence for the well being of its troops and citizens to scapegoating our worse off citizens as the problem.

Gomercindo Gutierrez, who Tank has met, is a marine friend of mine who is receiving his GI bill money and went back to school. Lots of money at that. Sad to hear that soilders are not getting paid, but this country has a long history of treating their service men poorly, both through combat and once they return, regardless of the political party in control.

Conflicts around the world have been costly, long and have tested the American people and economy to its limits as we engage in wars with little to no exit strategy. Unfortunately they dont think about an out and we are left spending billions while the enemy waits us out.

These social programs are not a problem, they do not take nearly as much as military ventures, therefore to push them as the biggest problem is a fallacy, a cheap trick and too simple of an answer, riddled with a commence-sense-racist attitude of the poorest people of our republic.

I wouldn't be quite so sure of that. The numbers I was looking at today showed the entitlements (welfare, social security, etc.) account for over 55% of the current budget...defense spending is about 23%...and I saw another report that placed it around 19%

(04-12-2011, 08:46 PM)US_Tank Wrote: It was meant as a joke Sergio but it is true. Asians are the only group where there is not widespread use of entitlements relatively speaking. Stats dont lie. And Gumer is a great guy but he has nothing to do with conversation.

Sergio, entitlements are a problem. But so are the wars we are engaged in. However, in the seven days it took to agree to a $37 billion dollar cut, we spent $54 billion in interest on our debt. And the military budget is only about 18 percent annually.

Annual interest alone for the entire budget is 22 percent which tells us it is coming from frivolous entitlements above and beyond the constitutional mandates to run thenfederal government. You cannot attain 22 percent interest in a budget where the military spending accounts for it's smaller portion.

(04-12-2011, 08:53 PM)US_Tank Wrote: We can completely cut the departments of:

Labor
Commerce
Education
Agriculture
EPA
Health and human services

None of these agencies have a constitutional charge to supercede states laws and rights and yet they do. The Federal Government is supposed to only provide for a national security of the states, serve as a communicator of unified states in foreign policies, and provide a common national currency. NOT, for example tax others states, entities, or individuals in order to entitle other states, groups or individuals through redistribution.

Nor should it have confiscated state's lands and federalized them. Only to not let states use their own land's natural resources for the benefits of it's own people.

I think you've hit on several topics here at once, Daryn, all of which are important...the one I'd like to focus on is the agreement of the 38 billion dollar agreement...

The Republicans wanted a 60 Billion dollar cut.

The Democrats wanted a 12 Billion Dollar cut.

The Budget deficit is 1.6 TRILLION FREAKING DOLLARS!!!

After the agreement, that would make the Budget deficit...1.562 TRILLION FREAKING DOLLARS!!!

NEITHER party is doing anything real about this...if the Republicans had their way as first presented, they still would have ONLY cut 100 BILLION, leaving the deficit at 1.5 TRILLION...

This is pure lunacy, and we the people are being played to believe one side cares for us more than the other. If the Republicans got their 100B cut, we'd STILL have to be discussing the debt ceiling and the potential for a technical default on the government debt.

The balancing of the budget and repayment of the national debt is a JOKE to both sides of the isle...and they'll keep playing us as long as we allow it.

...and from the FWIW department, I think George W did a great disservice on his way out of office when he pushed for the bailout of his cronies. I said it then and I stand by it, they should have let GM, the banks and all others that were "too big to fail"...FAIL. That's what made this country great. Winners/Losers. The winner got the girl. The loser got a nod for participating.

GWB was a major disappointment with TARP1. He simply stated just recently that he had lost faith in the free market. And we of course know what happened with TARP2.

The Federal Government today spends 8 times more per month than it takes in with revenue. And tax hikes are not the answer. Spending needs to be CUT dramatically. And there are a lot of Medicaid entitlements that get passed onto state governments that suck their budgets dry.

BO's fix is called "quantitive easing" and it means printing more money. But he is devalueing the dollar and the inflation is ineveitable. Here is the money supply chart that is literally off the chart.

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/BASE