Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NCAA Division I Hockey
The University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux are the Number 1 ranked team in Division I Men's Hockey. Western Collegiate Hockey Association regular season champs.

They rode through two playoff wins last week. Then two more wins this weekend against Colorado College and Denver to win the WCHA playoffs and the Broadmore Trophy for the 2nd straight year.

12 straight wins. The hottest team in Div. I hockey. UND's Matt Frattin is the nations leading scorer with 35 goals and Hoby Baker Finalist (Best Player in College Hockey)

And now they enter the NCAA tourney to the Frozen Four tourney as a Number 1 seed for the 7th time in school history. In the way this year in their bracket for an 8th Division I Championship they must play RPI and then winner of Denver/Western Mich. in the regionals next weekend in Green Bay, WI.

If they are successful they are off to the Frozen Four at the Excel Energy Center in St. Paul, MN Barry Melrose calls the Sioux "Giants" and predicts the UND Sioux to win it all. And he predicts Frattin to win the Hobey Baker trophy!

Mario you had better pull out the UND blanket and you Stogie Chatter's who I have given Sioux sweatshirts to please be sure to wear them next week. I hope Kuma raises his Sioux cup at work this week with a greenie!

LET'S GO SIOUX!

[Image: trophy.jpg]

Good luck und!
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
They usually have a pretty good team!
--Mike
(03-20-2011, 07:46 PM)wtfdic Wrote: They usually have a pretty good team!

So does BC! They got a Number 1 seed in their bracket but they have to travel west for their regionals. We beat BC for the National Championship in 2000 then lost to them a year later in the 2001 NCAA Championship in a rematch. BC has taken us out of the Frozen Four in our last two recent trips.

(03-20-2011, 08:00 PM)US_Tank Wrote:

So does BC! They got a Number 1 seed in their bracket but they have to travel west for their regionals. We beat BC for the National Championship in 2000 then lost to them a year later in the 2001 NCAA Championship in a rematch. BC has taken us out of the Frozen Four in our last two recent trips.

BC and BU always have good teams!
--Mike
(03-21-2011, 10:22 AM)wtfdic Wrote:
(03-20-2011, 08:00 PM)US_Tank Wrote:

BC and BU always have good teams!

We got BU in the 97 Championship game! And BU won it all last year.

(03-22-2011, 12:38 PM)US_Tank Wrote: We got BU in the 97 Championship game! And BU won it all last year.
Well you are in ND there is not much else going on up there so we had to give you something
--Mike
Bastige!
B'bye BC! You are done this year!
CC destroys BC!!!!! 8-4 jaden schwartz with 2 goals and 2 assists for 4 points!
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic