Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humidor tray Question
So I have a 150 ct humidor (doesn't hold half of that, but whatever) and it was filled to the brim. One thing I noticed was the cigars on the bottom were not as humidified as the cigars on the top. I took the tray out to fix the issue as I think there were too many cigars up top and it held the humidity above the tray. Does this make sense or am I being paranoid? I had a few sticks that felt hard and it got me worried...
I have some beads in the bottom of my humidor, and also try to rotate the sticks every couple of months or if i'm having rh issues.
No Justice, No Peace!
I just took out the tray and put it in my cooler...now I have more room in the big humi and can fill it up.

I will be sure to rotate them as well...
There will always be a humidity difference from the point where your humidification device is to the opposite end of the humidor. How much of a difference is there?
--Mike
Like nickd2008 said, you may want to place beads (or one of the bead sticks) on the bottom tray as well. That way you'll be assured of humidification all around
--Angelo
ha! being paranoid! in my cabinet humidor, i have 4 different hygro's in it (if you count the one on the humidifier). and i check them compulsively. i also have little jars of the crystal gel humidification all over the place. what do you use for humidification? i also have a humidor roughly the size of yours, and i put some form of humification, even if it's just a little jar of gel or beads, in all 4 corners, 2 top, 2 bottom. eases my troubled mind.
I thought there was a big difference and I think there was - I never checked though. Now the cigars feel better as before they felt a little hard. Probably more paranoia than anything. I have room on the top of my cooler and the tray fits great. I ordered beads and small humi-care packs - 10 of them because I keep the flavored cigars in bags with them in it...It all works very well and it will be alot better when I finish the cabinet...hopefully staining it this weekend. Will have pictures along the way
Can't wait to see pictures!
--Mike
Same here, looking forward to the pics Nick Wink
This is my boomstick!
How big is the humidor? Can you easily pick it up. Just pick it up, hold it closed and shake vigorously for 2 minutes each week. Or turn it upside down for 1 day per 2 weeks.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer