Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gurkha Warlord
Double Corona
7x55

This is one impressive looking smoke looking like some classic instrument of decisive manhood. An impressive 7 inches with a whopping 55 ring gage, this cigar comes with a standard Gurkha oversized band and a smaller name band with a cedar sleeve and black ribbon band.

The cigar comes cello wrapped in an exclusive wood and brass chest, packed 30 to a box and boasting a price ranging from 7.50 to 9.00 US.

One thing I have learned smoking these bad boys is that they prefer a lower humidity range to really excel. I normally lay mine out the night before to smoke the next day. With this wide ring gage if you smoke it while it is too humid it will split on you.

The wrapper is a chocolate milk color with some veining. It departs a nice cedary hay scent, with a hint of oak. The foot has a nice strong hit of sweet clover to it. I toasted the foot with a single jet table top lighter and took my first draw, the smoke was very citrusy with a strong hint of oak and just a hidden view of cherry wood.

The smoke is a thin white smoke that does not linger, it will soon become more woodsy and leathery. The burn line is very clean with a nice firm draw from a 9mm punch. I personally found this to be on the lighter side of medium, though most will place this in the medium full range.

The ash is a firm white ash that does not flake or falter easily. Just make sure you give yourself some time to smoke this big cigar, if smoked too fast it will burn hot. The cigar turns more woodsy as you smoke it down. It never really delivers a full bodied smoke, making it perhaps tamer than the name lets on.

A very nice and enjoyable smoke for me I prefer to smoke the Warlord later in the day to wind down and finish out the day. Though it would make a nice companion to a very dark coffee of a nice dark beer.
Very insightful especially laying it out the night before.

Thanks Joe 
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore