Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah looking to ban "nicotine products" and "flavored tobacco"
Just got an email from a concerned customer. Here is part of it...
========================================

Hello. I am a Utahn who enjoys your products and I also have several friends who smoke your cigars. I am concerned as there is currently a bill under consideration in the Utah State Legislature which, if passed, would ban all sales of your cigars in the state. I know that currently you don't ship retail sales here, but this would make it illegal for even local retailers to sell your cigars.

Here is more info on the bill: http://le.utah.gov/~2011/htmdoc/hbillhtm/hb0170.htm

========================================

If I'm reading this correctly, they are including ANY device that delivers nicotine (like electronic cigarettes)

7 LONG TITLE
8 General Description:
This bill amends the Uniform Driver License Act, provisions relating to the state system of public education, the Utah Criminal Code, and the Utah Code of Criminal Procedure to prohibit the provision, obtaining, and possession of a flavored tobacco product and to place prohibitions and restrictions on the provision, obtaining, and possession of a nicotine product.

AND....
possession of a flavored tobacco product (which by the way is LEGAL in neighboring states!)
26 . prohibits and provides penalties for the provision, obtaining, or possession of a flavored tobacco product;

(this would also mean cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, menthol cigarettes)

WTF people! When are we going to start standing up and telling these politicians to F OFF!
Angry1
Hasn't Pensylvania already enacted a law that bans the sales of some flavored tobacco products? It seems pipe tobacco and menthol cigarettes are unaffected, but I know there was a bunch of hub-bub about clove cigarettes. Not that the laws has affected me thus far, but give them an inch... they'll take a foot.
WTF???

Its like a war on class 1 narcotics!!!!

When did nicotine become worse than heroin in the USA?

Are these guys for real ....... you guys have a seriously fooked up country if this is the sort of crap your taxes are being spent on. I mean cmon ..... surely the funds could go some way in maybe helping to reduce the current state of affairs instead of this bull.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Crazy
--Mike
(02-22-2011, 10:12 AM)Parkster Wrote: WTF???

Its like a war on class 1 narcotics!!!!

When did nicotine become worse than heroin in the USA?

Are these guys for real ....... you guys have a seriously fooked up country if this is the sort of crap your taxes are being spent on. I mean cmon ..... surely the funds could go some way in maybe helping to reduce the current state of affairs instead of this bull.

When it became NON-TAXABLE due to electronic cigarettes!
This is F#$% rediculous.... Its time to revolt.
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
this is just stupid
(02-22-2011, 01:49 PM)Teck1337 Wrote: this is just stupid

= our lawmakers

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

(02-22-2011, 06:00 PM)tafdom Wrote:
(02-22-2011, 01:49 PM)Teck1337 Wrote: this is just stupid

= our lawmakers

lol
The war on tobacco started with protecting workers from second hand smoke. It's grown to some monster.
Now you'd have to be a total idiot to not recognize the dangers and increased health risks with cigarettes. But these others are relatively safe. Much much much more safe than driving or as I have often pointed out, indoor cooking. So... these morons with personal agendas need to focus. Ban the cigarette and get back to what the do best, not vote on important issues.

(god, my hatred for politicians runs deep and wide-worthless lying animals, every one of them)
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer