Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Christina Aguilera
Christina was terrible. Then after she belted out the National Anthem she said a light voiced "thanks"! WTF?

I liked the half-time show. Artistic and well coordinated considering the quick setup they had to do. And the Black Eyed Peas actually did sing the songs! Not too sure if Usher did. The music selection will never appeal to everyone no matter what artist they have singing, so I tend to look at how creative and unique the show is. I think Fergie would have done a much better job at the National Anthem IMHO....with Slash strumming the electric in the background. YEA!
(02-07-2011, 11:29 PM)madurodave Wrote: Yea really. Would be a lot better to put up a contest and the winner sing at the big dance. The entire half time show, including slash was pathetic. Do most Americans like this crap? My gosh. I tokd zach that if this is mainstream, i am glad NOT to be.

Only thing kinda cool was the light up clothes on the dancers on the field. Kinda far out after 6 shots of tequila. Lol. Oh, and the transformer commercial when the camero transformed into the robot and threw the guy. That was great.

Yeah Dave the glowing dancers were cool! I say open up the Super Bowl to venues like Invesco Field in Denver, Lambieu, etc. Screw these halftime shows and the ideal of an indoor, warm weather game. This is the GridIron! Its football for pussies sake! Play the game for the game not the commercials, not the halftime show, and now where the Hollyweirdo's get to sit in a comfy leather chair where its 75 degrees. Let some of these other cities enjoy the ability to be able to host the Super Bowl!

Lights are cool on a sheep maybe. Better half time show. Just think Daryn, never another lost sheep in the dark. I've posted this before and it is still awesome to watch these guys work these dogs and sheep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qniwI2hNhDs

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

When it happened, I was like OMG, she just screwed up the national anthem. How do you do that?? But when I stopped to think about it, I guess I would be a little nervous with all those eyes on me as well. I'm no christina fan, but I cut her a little slack. Honest mistake. Call me crazy, but the girl that sang America the beautiful before her, I wasn't impressed with either. If you're singing your own song, it's your work of art. Feel free to remix it or throw in whatever extra lyrics and repeat lines however you see fit. But if you're singing someone elses masterpiece, sing it the way they wrote it. If they wanted it sang in some other way, they would've written it that way. But that's just my 2 cents, and probably part of the reason I never became a famous musician.
I just hate the fact that they have taken a song that hold great pride and meaning for this country and have turned it into something else. The national anthem has been looked at for years at the Superbowl as a showing of the singers prowess. The reason most of these big named singers screw this song up is cause they don't really care about the words and are too concerned with hitting certain notes in "Just the right spot" to get that huge pump from the crowd. You really can't say they were nervous cause they were in front of so many people cause they perform in front of thousands of people for a living.
Pure and simple. Lack of preparation, lack of practice. Call it what you want but it was a disgrace.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
She's a pro. She recovered real well. Look, she lost her place. She was probably into the variations, the crowd, the spectacle, lack of music to follow.
When I can sing and entertain at or near her level, then I'll judge.
Meanwhile, remember Roseanne bar then watch Christina's video again.
Or... just be thankful she didn't grab her crotch and spit.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
She knew she screwed up and apologized. Not much more you can ask for at this point.
(02-07-2011, 08:52 PM)Lurch Wrote: I agree 100% it's not a song you add your own flair to. When you do you eff it up.
Definitely agree with that

As far as halftime, I'd be happier with a great marching band than trying to get a bunch of top 40 guys or classic rock greats doing a weird medley of their hits.
-Pat
I think a big part of the reason we will never see a Superbowl at Lambieu, Jacksonville, etc is that there are so only many places that can facilitate 300,000 + for the week. Only a New York, Dallas, (insert large metro city here) can accomidate the masses it generates. I can see why everyone doesnt get a piece of it.

heck, I was disappointed i didnt get to see a Fergee nip slip....
(02-08-2011, 08:15 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Pure and simple. Lack of preparation, lack of practice. Call it what you want but it was a disgrace.

The same can be said of Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers. Two interceptions? Those are two big mistakes that cost them the game. Unacceptable. They are professionals and are paid a ton of money to not make mistakes.

Christina Aguilera is also a professional who is paid very well for what she does but she made a mistake also. Oh well. I know and love the National Anthem and having a singer botch up a line in the song doesn't diminish it's veneration in my eyes. Mistakes happen.

Personally I enjoy hearing renditions of the National Anthem done in different styles. Kinda like going to church. I do not get anything out of singing old hymns in a methodical manner as they were written. But hearing a sweet voice sing some of those lines allows me to focus on the words.