Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff Fisher no longer a Titan
SHOCK!! Nice payday might I add but a shame to break a 16 year run.

Jeff Fisher Leaves Mutually With $8 Million

Titans head coach, Jeff Fisher, is leaving and it won’t the be the door that hits him in the butt, it will be $8 million dollars. Not a bad way to leave.

On January 7, Titans owner Bud Adams made a statement saying that he was keeping Fisher, even after a blowout between him and quarterback Vince Young.

The statement from January 7 was this, “I have informed our senior management that Jeff Fisher will be our head coach next season. The results of his leadership have been some very good football teams and I believe he will get us back to an elite level.”

Adams had told Fisher and Young that they needed to get along, that was back in November. In January, Adams finally let Young go and kept the head coach instead.

Now Fisher and the Titan’s franchise have come to a mutual decision to part ways. Fisher will get most of what is left of his contract, which is $8 million. He had just one year left.

Fisher has been with the team, originally the Oilers, but moved to Tennessee in 1997, for 16 years. That is the longest tenure held by a head coach in the NFL.

With Fisher leaving there is now an opening in the NFL for a head coach, and it’s the only opening.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

That's just weird. Let your QB go because he doesn"t get along with the coach, then let the coach go too. He had a nice long run there though.
He had a year left on his contract...... The money should be his. Bud Adams is the next Al Davis. Google Al and you will find an old, know it all control freak. Sad day indeed. Fact is, Fisher didnt have the tools next year with only one year left....he saw the writting on the wall. Last week he had to fire 2 assistants. What assistant would come on board for one year? Not a good one, thats who. I have had it with ol Bud. F-in had it.

Where is the dang popcorn.

Dave
o well was never a Titan fan.
--Mike
(01-27-2011, 10:36 PM)wtfdic Wrote: o well was never a Titan fan.

Hummmm. Lemme guess... Cowboys? patriots? Or Steelers?
Bud has ALWAYS been an a$$hole. When they were in Memphis nobody would go to the games. He said" I don't care if YOU EVER come to a game, I make MY money on merchandise sales"! WHAT an AHOLE. Oilers trivia: When they came to Memphis in 1996 Maduro Dave was only 22 and I was STILL old. Time flies. LOL

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

(01-27-2011, 11:10 PM)tafdom Wrote: Bud has ALWAYS been an a$$hole. When they were in Memphis nobody would go to the games. He said" I don't care if YOU EVER come to a game, I make MY money on merchandise sales"! WHAT an AHOLE. Oilers trivia: When they came to Memphis in 1996 Maduro Dave was only 22 and I was STILL old. Time flies. LOL

Memphis was a sad time for them, couldn't get anyone in the stadium. Now I have to drive to Nashville Sad. Not a big Titan fan but it sure is a good time.
Branden

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi