Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oil's surge in 2010 paves the way for $4 gasoline
Just got asked to sign a petition to reduce the fuel tax in the UK ...... pointless really, its a bit like slapping a WWE wrestler with a wet tissue, he knows your upset, but thinks your a dick and will decide how best to hurt you next.

Anyway, part of the request was this break down.

Cost per litre of crude oil extraction: 8p
Cost per litre of refining: 2p
Cost per litre to transport to UK: 2p
Cost per litre to transport to pumps: 5p
UK TAX @ 70%: 80-90p!

The cost at the pumps today, in general, was around the £1.38 per litre .... or £6.90 per gallon .... $10.80

This would not bother me so much if the rest of the world paid the same ...... even in the most corrupt of countries I have worked in I can buy fuel for around 12p a litre, and the arguement that the government is trying to sort out the deficit, this is poor when a corporate business tax of 0.05% on the banks would raise in excess of £8.5 BILLION.

Feck ...... I hate my government soooooo much

I'm being taxed to an early grave

Rant over
I Love my 09 armada and 8cyl ski boat. My carbon footprint must look like bigfoot's. Lol
I just paid $3.32 per gallon of regular on Tuesday.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
And that stinks dave. Angry1
$2.92 here in New Jersey.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Oh ...... for the record

I pay around 79p tax for every pound I make.

40% income tax
20% Vat
Fuel tax
road tax
tax on fod
tax on clothes
car tax
council tax
utilities tax
mot .... annual tax for car
tax on profits from savings and shares
tax on profit from house
pension tax ..... yes, I am taxed on my invalidity pension from the fire service

If I save any of the 21p left from my pound, I will be taxed on the total interest ...... which has already been taxed, remember, income tax, savngs and shares.

Sorry guys, but I'm working like crazy and watching it all go down a drain.

Rant over ..... for now.
I love my hybrid. 1984 Jeep cj7, chevy 350 engine, Dodge nv4500 transmission, ford axles. gets 8mpg when driven conservatively.
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.
-Jimmy Buffett
They STILL aren't issuing permits to drill and it's KILLING us at the pump. I follow this every Wednesday with the oil usage report. There have only been 2 drill permits since the October ban ended. They just added 11 companies but we will just have to see if they sign them NOW. The pump prices say it's to late. The Pres has horribly failed us with his oil policy. I guess it must not bother him since he doesn't have to buy gas anymore. LOL

http://blog.heritage.org/?p=49734

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Regardless of whether they start drilling or not ..... OPEC will decide on how much oil will be produced, this in turn decides the price of a barrel.

Trust me ..... I've seen the emails that INSTRUCT shutting in of chokes and lowering production.

Stock piles go down
Demand goes up
Price goes up
Production goes up

At least the doctor asks you to cough when he has your balls in his hand t let you know why he is holding them.
OH, I KNOW how it works and follow OPEC. I follow it in depth because I have oil stock and have had Transocean since it was in the low 20s back and forth. But Now I know someone that turns the valve off! LOL I followed it before I ever owned a stock because it just fascinates me.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.