Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing out the new smoker...
(12-28-2010, 03:32 AM)MaytagMan Wrote:
(12-27-2010, 07:30 AM)B-Dub Cigar Ambassador Wrote: Santa got me the Traeger Junior for Christmas.

Haven't put it together yet, due to the snow outside. Looking to put it together next weekend and try it out. Not sure what I want to make first. Maybe beef tenderloin or pork roast.

Thanks for the pelletheads.com tip. Informative.

If you are cooking when it is that cold out, some guys buy a welding blanket and throw it over the Cooker to help with temp maintenance.

It makes great food - congrats!!!

i use a welding blanket on my smokey mountain. bought one at harbor freight for like 15 bucks and a couple magnets to use to hold it on. works out perfectly. congrats on the pickup bill. looks awesome, can't wait for more pics of your cooks.
(12-30-2010, 03:59 PM)scott81425 Wrote:
(12-28-2010, 03:32 AM)MaytagMan Wrote:
(12-27-2010, 07:30 AM)B-Dub Cigar Ambassador Wrote: Santa got me the Traeger Junior for Christmas.

Haven't put it together yet, due to the snow outside. Looking to put it together next weekend and try it out. Not sure what I want to make first. Maybe beef tenderloin or pork roast.

Thanks for the pelletheads.com tip. Informative.

If you are cooking when it is that cold out, some guys buy a welding blanket and throw it over the Cooker to help with temp maintenance.

It makes great food - congrats!!!

i use a welding blanket on my smokey mountain. bought one at harbor freight for like 15 bucks and a couple magnets to use to hold it on. works out perfectly. congrats on the pickup bill. looks awesome, can't wait for more pics of your cooks.

Yeah, going to pick one up and also put a few fire bricks in the bottom. Both help out with temp maintenance and are cheap upgrades.

Did some ribs last night -- came out good, but not pic worthy. Pre-treatment was all good, just need to tweak my cook times a little bit.