Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
humidor Tray Question
When I bought my humidor it came with a tray. When I seasoned it, I never thought I would fill it up and need to use it, so I did not season the humidor with the tray in it. Also, I am using the jars with the Xikar jars where you just add the solution to them once every 30 days. One thing I did was use 2 small jars and I felt I could not get the humidity right and that was one of the reasons I took the tray out. If I add the tray back to the humidor now, do I need to re-season the entire thing and do I need ot take all of my cigars out while I do this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
If it weren't winter and so dry from the heat running It might be Ok. That being said I would redo it with the tray in it. If you had a Tupperware or something big enough to hold the tray you could season it by itself and use the humi. I'd be afraid the tray is at 10% from the heat and would just be to dry and would fight the gel devices. I had a room the other day @2%. That's right 2.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Like T says if you can fit the tray in something that you can seal you can season it by itself. If you are going to reseason the entire think I would do it the way Skipper mentioned in another thread and boil some water and put it in a shallow bowl and put that in the hempty humidor and the repeat daily until you have your rh stable.
--Mike