Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigars to smoke while drinking Wassail
Our local German town is having their annual Wassail Fest this Thursday and wondering if y'all can help me in figuring out what some good smokes would be for the occasion

“Wassail is a hot, spiced punch often associated with Yuletide. Historically, the drink was a mulled ale made with sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg and topped with slices of toast. Modern recipes begin with a base of wine, fruit juice, or mulled ale, sometimes with brandy or sherry added. Pieces of winter fruits, such as apples or oranges, are often added to the mix.”

What is Wassail?
I would smoke anything you like.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I would probably go with something a little spicy
--Mike
What about an Anejo?
Coronado by La Flor matches the same description as you mentioned. And its a spot on smoke!
Sounds like an interesting undertaking to find a match to all of those spices - something that could stand up to them without overpowering them...

On the milder side, the slight salty notes I get from a Sancho Panza Belicoso might pair well.

For something with a little more kick, maybe a Ramon Allones Gigantes, Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro, or an Air Bender?