Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need gift humidor advise for future son in law!!! MAYBE!
MTM scored a cheaphumidors 25ish count humidor that works really well. It is great for starters and shouldn't cost a lot of money. MKs suggestion of a cooler is not a bad idea either. I just started a 50 quart coolerdor to start buying boxes, and so far it is pretty maintenance free. The beads come from Heartfelt (in Carson City, I believe), and they run about $30 per pound. I also bought the 65% humidity beads.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
(11-28-2010, 06:24 PM)Domniomaestro Wrote:
(11-28-2010, 04:59 PM)denali7432 Wrote: here is my thread i made when i got it

This is downright scary!! Denali is posting links now.....Smile

Back on topic though.....
Any of the humi's mentioned here are good. I have this one, (CLICK ME) and have had no problems with it, once I replaced the crappy humidification devices it came with, with beads.

I bought the same one years ago and it was just ok. The main issue I had with it, were the cheap door hinges. They seperated and the seal was lost. I also used beads LATER and that helped. I had to be very carefull with the door and would press it in at the hinges after using it. I still have it and its nice looking.

RUMBLON

(11-29-2010, 09:20 AM)RUMBLON Wrote: I bought the same one years ago and it was just ok. The main issue I had with it, were the cheap door hinges. They seperated and the seal was lost. I also used beads LATER and that helped. I had to be very carefull with the door and would press it in at the hinges after using it. I still have it and its nice looking.

RUMBLON

Hmmm....I will check mine when I get home. Mine is I think eight or 9 months old now, and I open/close it almost every day to get out a cigar to smoke. I dont believe the hinges are weak, but I will certainly keep an eye on it.
Thank you for the heads up. Smile
...moving along...nothing left to see here.