Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My return to work didnt go as planned
Your company has to be VERY careful of their next actions to avoid a potential "situation". There are too many labor laws out there to know all of them, but I would guess that, in your current condition, you are covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Trust me, they don't want to get into that mess. I am sure they are just covering their back side, but you should get paid for yesterday and beyond until things are sorted out. If they tell you that you cannot come back to work for whatever their reason, get yourself a good lawyer and make it right.
Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through and hope it all works out at the end.
Been there and it sucks as it's a BIG catch 22. Being in management all my life and had to know the laws they differ from state to state. First there is an emergency disability from SS . Since you were released I would go file for unemployment so the money doesn't stop. Keep us up to date.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Carl , Every state is different, where I live its a right to work state and a co. dont have to keep your position. I was in a situation once i was hurt on the job. And whe I was released they told me my position was no longer . So the bricks I hit. Hope everything works out. Like now I still work in the same state but now I fall under federal regulations working for the railroad. It can be confusing, if you dont need the brace see if the Doc can release the restriction . Just a thought.
come in here dear boy have a cigar your going to go far
Man that sucks brother! Hope everything works out alright man!
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
(11-16-2010, 04:24 PM)buckit60 Wrote: Carl , Every state is different, where I live its a right to work state and a co. dont have to keep your position. I was in a situation once i was hurt on the job. And whe I was released they told me my position was no longer . So the bricks I hit. Hope everything works out. Like now I still work in the same state but now I fall under federal regulations working for the railroad. It can be confusing, if you dont need the brace see if the Doc can release the restriction . Just a thought.

They have to hold my position for me for a year.

I just got off the phone with my insurance, about my disability payments. The good news is I still have two more checks coming. That is a big relief. If this gets worked out in the next week or two everything should be fine.
I like smoking lightning
(11-16-2010, 06:05 PM)carl609 Wrote:
(11-16-2010, 04:24 PM)buckit60 Wrote: Carl , Every state is different, where I live its a right to work state and a co. dont have to keep your position. I was in a situation once i was hurt on the job. And whe I was released they told me my position was no longer . So the bricks I hit. Hope everything works out. Like now I still work in the same state but now I fall under federal regulations working for the railroad. It can be confusing, if you dont need the brace see if the Doc can release the restriction . Just a thought.

They have to hold my position for me for a year.

I just got off the phone with my insurance, about my disability payments. The good news is I still have two more checks coming. That is a big relief. If this gets worked out in the next week or two everything should be fine.

Great ,hang in there It looks like it is already shaping up . Will keep you in our thoughts and hope its resolved in a few days
come in here dear boy have a cigar your going to go far
See all you had to do was read the Mum's post.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
hope everyone works out for you very soon man

(11-16-2010, 01:55 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: Carl, I'm pretty sure there are laws protecting you. Should they rule in your favor I believe they have to pay you retroactive from the day you treid to return. Should they rule against you they you have a real case. Whatever happens, I wish you the best results with the least amount of effort. Good luck.

Yup... You should be more than protected...