Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Your Help Home Heating System
there is a Dial inside the thermostat that has to be the same as the Burner motor the digitals are a Pain i went back to the dial ones so much easier
also i would bleed the air out the zones right away
also do you hear banging and water running
(11-16-2010, 08:56 PM)jam Wrote: there is a Dial inside the thermostat that has to be the same as the Burner motor the digitals are a Pain i went back to the dial ones so much easier

You know now that i think of it this morning it did sound like water was running. I talked to Mark earlier and he helped me figure out that the circulater for that zone was not shutting down. So we were able to shut it off at the switch. So it is at least cooling down here now. He gave me some suggestions that I will be looking at tomorrow. I forgot about the water running sound. Any idea what that might mean?
--Mike
(11-16-2010, 09:01 PM)wtfdic Wrote:
(11-16-2010, 08:56 PM)jam Wrote: there is a Dial inside the thermostat that has to be the same as the Burner motor the digitals are a Pain i went back to the dial ones so much easier

You know now that i think of it this morning it did sound like water was running. I talked to Mark earlier and he helped me figure out that the circulater for that zone was not shutting down. So we were able to shut it off at the switch. So it is at least cooling down here now. He gave me some suggestions that I will be looking at tomorrow. I forgot about the water running sound. Any idea what that might mean?

Sounds like you have some running water.....LMAO!

Sorry....
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
(11-16-2010, 09:11 PM)Hunlock Wrote:
(11-16-2010, 09:01 PM)wtfdic Wrote:

Sounds like you have some running water.....LMAO!

Sorry....

LOL! Its not making that sound any more and there is no water leaking anywhere so that's good.
--Mike
Mike so that did work, zone 1 is cooling down with the switch off?
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
(11-16-2010, 09:19 PM)Mark Wrote: Mike so that did work, zone 1 is cooling down with the switch off?

Yes zone 1 is cooling now! I'm very excited about that i can stop walking around the house naked!
--Mike
(11-16-2010, 02:16 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: Before you call Mahk, do 2 things.
1-upgarde your insurance
2- get one of those Boston Accents for Dummies books.

i dont care who you are, thats funny chit right there..lmao

(11-16-2010, 09:20 PM)wtfdic Wrote:
(11-16-2010, 09:19 PM)Mark Wrote: Mike so that did work, zone 1 is cooling down with the switch off?

Yes zone 1 is cooling now! I'm very excited about that i can stop walking around the house naked!

Good cuz I am NOT comin over to fix it if you are naked!
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
So i just had an idea. I grabbed my multimeter and tested continuity between to two wires and it appears i do have continuity between the two. I would assume that i should not have continuity. Is this correct?
--Mike
(11-16-2010, 09:35 PM)wtfdic Wrote: So i just had an idea. I grabbed my multimeter and tested continuity between to two wires and it appears i do have continuity between the two. I would assume that i should not have continuity. Is this correct?

You would have continuity because those wires are going to go to the coil on your relay.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"