Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Your Help Home Heating System
Makes sense. I have continuity and resistance is what a relay coil should be.
So in theory i could disconnect those wires down at the burner and i should have no continuity. That would tell me if my problem is in the wiring.
--Mike
1- Your zones are air bound get a hose hook it to the hose bib on each zone open the hose bib and open the water feed till you hear water running threw the system when you see a clean flow of water threw the hose no spitting then you clear of air do the same to all zone
2- if the circulaters are not shutting off then the aquastat is no good
3- are both thermostates wires going into seperate aqustates or 1 box
Correct if you disconnect the Tstat wire from the relay you should have no continuity. If you do then your Tstat wire is shorted.
(11-16-2010, 09:47 PM)jam Wrote: 1- Your zones are air bound get a hose hook it to the hose bib on each zone open the hose bib and open the water feed till you hear water running threw the system when you see a clean flow of water threw the hose no spitting then you clear of air do the same to all zone

the pumps go to relays not an aquastat.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
(11-16-2010, 09:19 PM)Mark Wrote: Mike so that did work, zone 1 is cooling down with the switch off?

who the feis Mike?
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
(11-16-2010, 09:49 PM)Mark Wrote: Correct if you disconnect the Tstat wire from the relay you should have no continuity. If you do then your Tstat wire is shorted.
(11-16-2010, 09:47 PM)jam Wrote: 1- Your zones are air bound get a hose hook it to the hose bib on each zone open the hose bib and open the water feed till you hear water running threw the system when you see a clean flow of water threw the hose no spitting then you clear of air do the same to all zone

the pumps go to relays not an aquastat.
Sorry Your right .........
Thanks for all your help guys! Ended up being a wiring issue. Not sure where but somewhere on the wire run the two wires must have gotten shorted together. Not really sure how after all this time but o well it was an easy fix.
--Mike
(11-18-2010, 05:07 PM)wtfdic Wrote: Thanks for all your help guys! Ended up being a wiring issue. Not sure where but somewhere on the wire run the two wires must have gotten shorted together. Not really sure how after all this time but o well it was an easy fix.

Must have been the clown who put the Tstats in!

:LMAO!

Btw it was great talking to you the other night. I'm going to try to get to Twins tomorrow night, you still going?
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
(11-18-2010, 07:54 PM)Mark Wrote:
(11-18-2010, 05:07 PM)wtfdic Wrote: Thanks for all your help guys! Ended up being a wiring issue. Not sure where but somewhere on the wire run the two wires must have gotten shorted together. Not really sure how after all this time but o well it was an easy fix.

Btw it was great talking to you the other night. I'm going to try to get to Twins tomorrow night, you still going?

Yea i should get there around 6:30. Hope to see you there!
--Mike
(11-18-2010, 09:12 PM)wtfdic Wrote:
(11-18-2010, 07:54 PM)Mark Wrote:

Yea i should get there around 6:30. Hope to see you there!

I should be there. I'll text you if anything changes.

Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"