Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not 100% sure on this rule..please inform me
(11-03-2010, 06:30 PM)Soulend Wrote: It's pretty rare to get prison or fines. Most likely the package will simply be seized. Because you thought they were the legal Dominican ones, right? Wink

yeah but look at me i dont look like the innocent kind..lol cops always look at me like im about to take there virgin daughters out on prom night

The other guys were correct when they said a lot of it is hype. There are truly great Habanos, that is for sure. Whether it's worth the risk is up to the individual. Like you say, there are plenty of incredible legal sticks out there. It's unlikely that a cop is going to come knocking at your door though. Chances are, if anything, you'll simply get 'the letter'.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

(11-03-2010, 06:32 PM)denali7432 Wrote: yeah but look at me i dont look like the innocent kind..lol cops always look at me like im about to take there virgin daughters out on prom night

All I see is a black hole where your face should be. Smile
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
Dominican Cohibas are not very good. Their big brother on the other hand....
(11-03-2010, 06:11 PM)Mark Wrote: Yes they really are that bad, lol

Also, if they are Cubans, it is illegal to import them into this country. You can be fined and imprisoned if caught.

it is illegal for any US citizen to be in possession of anything Cuban! Even if you are abroad. Be clear, it is an act of treason. The penalty will vary depending on who is prosecuting.
Customs is the most lenient and typically the organization that gets people
The treasury department is a bit worse
OFAC is the worst.

Now, post 911 the organizations share information and there has been a lot of blending of responsibilities. So it's hard to say.

There have been many people in the cigar community that has received letters form the treasury department and had to retain lawyers.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
Right now with all the eyes on packages coming into this country after these last few bomb scares there is no way I would order anything from "overseas" for a while now.
(11-04-2010, 04:00 PM)jitzy Wrote: Right now with all the eyes on packages coming into this country after these last few bomb scares there is no way I would order anything from "overseas" for a while now.

very good point!
--Mike
Also as far as what would happen to you if you got caught there are many different things from them keeping and destroying your smokes to huge fines just remember every case is different and you could have 20 different guys from 5 different boards all tell you the same thing bit one guy could tell you something completely different.
they are over rated to me and not worth it
(11-04-2010, 08:52 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: it is illegal for any US citizen to be in possession of anything Cuban! Even if you are abroad. Be clear, it is an act of treason. The penalty will vary depending on who is prosecuting.
Customs is the most lenient and typically the organization that gets people
The treasury department is a bit worse
OFAC is the worst.

Now, post 911 the organizations share information and there has been a lot of blending of responsibilities. So it's hard to say.

There have been many people in the cigar community that has received letters form the treasury department and had to retain lawyers.

My letter came from the Treasury in 2008. Haven't bought an ISOM box since lol.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"