Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Oliva V maduro
(11-04-2010, 07:42 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
(11-03-2010, 07:25 PM)Matt-N-Ga. Wrote: Skips right, these are special.

This year, Oliva is using a San Andreas Mexican Maduro (think Tatuaje The Face) These are sweet, earthy wrappers. Very good. I've got one box of the 2010's in the humi now, one box in my locker, and another being saved for me at another shop in town. Very yummy.

I wasn't sure this info was public. You are right. And this tobacco is special. I can name 1 other absolutely first rate cigar we all love that uses this tobacco but I know this isn't public knowledge.
The leaf is a thin fragile leaf with lots of flavor. I am really psyched about this. I know the Oliva management crew are smoking these like they are the only cigar in the world. I hope they leave some for us!

I'm fairly sure I know the company and cigars your talking about. I also know they deny this to be true, but have been proven wrong by internal leaks. I'll side with you and not mention who, but just leave it to be said that the Serie V Maduro 2010 is a must buy box.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
I saw these for about $11/stick. You guys really think they are that good? I don't normally think of Oliva as an $11/cigar company but I guess I'll have to grab some.

I've been really enjoying the Nubs you guys turned me on to. Great stick. Love the Cameroons.
Oliva is normally not expensive only because of the way they create and deliver their product. The company owns everything form the tobacco fields to the rollers to the packing and shipping plants, etc. Many companies own nothing. Like CAO. Only recently they bought a rolling factory from Toranos only because the factory was 100% making only Brazilia cigars.
As far as the V cigars, are they worth it? Well, other cigars made with this level of quality and this wrapper and filler go for around $25 to $35.
I suggest you get a stick, sit down with a dram of your favorite whisky light up, enjoy the cigar then you tell us.
I'll scoop up a few boxes for sure. maybe as many as I can get.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
(11-04-2010, 01:59 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: Oliva is normally not expensive only because of the way they create and deliver their product. The company owns everything form the tobacco fields to the rollers to the packing and shipping plants, etc. Many companies own nothing. Like CAO. Only recently they bought a rolling factory from Toranos only because the factory was 100% making only Brazilia cigars.
As far as the V cigars, are they worth it? Well, other cigars made with this level of quality and this wrapper and filler go for around $25 to $35.
I suggest you get a stick, sit down with a dram of your favorite whisky light up, enjoy the cigar then you tell us.
I'll scoop up a few boxes for sure. maybe as many as I can get.

from looking at a stick is there any way to differentiate between 2010 and other years?
--Mike
Are you talking about these:
[Image: IMG_20101104_142748.jpg]

I scored a few boxes today:
[Image: IMG_20101104_142815.jpg]
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Nice Jimmie!
--Mike
Oh Jimmie!!!
Dammm Mum did you call Oliva at his house and tell him to send them to you

Those are some real beautys
My shop hooked me up with a great price.

Jam, I see they are selling them at your lounge.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I have to make a call lol