Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dominican Rep. cigars Vs. Nicaragaun cigars
Well I'm starting a new thread here I think... I have to say that I'm a little biased here, most of the cigars I've tasted have come from the DR and a little experience with Niaragauns... mostly pepins and RP, CAO? I love dominicans... they seem more well rounded, from davidoffs... smooth to AF esp maduros... intense and great... more variety and well rounded... Nics seem more spicy, intense some say more like Cubans... but I've had similar characteristics DR sticks too... what does anybody else think on this topic... love to hear from you all... okay... God Bless! or GB! :dude:
Hey [user=670]reylopez2[/user],

I agree with you to a point.

There are of course exceptions to the rule.  I think that some of the Dominican makers are changing some of those perceptions.  Look at Litto Gomez and his La Flor Dominicana cigars.  Now most of his cigars are puros, but the LG line of cigars is very spicy and full bodied.  I am quite partial to his cigars.

Also with Fuente you have the Opus X, God of Fire, and Anejo lines.  Of those I think the only Dominican puro is the Opus, but they all have a pretty good amount of spice.

I do really love Nicaraguan cigars, especially the Oliva V.

I find myself smoking more Nic cigars of late.....LG & Oliva.

Bottom line is...Smoke what you like & like what you smoke! Big Grin
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Tonto The Long Island Sidekick Wrote:I find myself smoking more Nic cigars of late.....LG & Oliva.

I couldn't agree more.  I love smokes from every region... Smile
Scott
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

I tend to lean towards Nic blends.  But the Dominican LFD are all awesome smokes.  I am also partial to Camacho Honduras smokes. 

Call Robbie at Cordova cigars and get a 5'er of Morten Collections.  They are priced right and the best Honduras blend I have had. 
US_Tank Wrote:I tend to lean towards Nic blends.  But the Dominican LFD are all awesome smokes.  I am also partial to Camacho Honduras smokes. 

Call Robbie at Cordova cigars and get a 5'er of Morten Collections.  They are priced right and the best Honduras blend I have had. 

Ditto...on the whole post!   [thumbsup]
MaduroAccountant Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:I tend to lean towards Nic blends.  But the Dominican LFD are all awesome smokes.  I am also partial to Camacho Honduras smokes. 

Ditto...on the whole post!   [thumbsup]
Ditto x2!  The morton collection are some of the best smokes I've had!
Scott
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

IMO.  It's not even close.  Nic hands down.  Most domincan tobacco has that floral character to it.  Not really my thing. 

Although I agree Litto, Kelner, and Fuente make a good product.
Hm... yeah I agree, Dominicans have the perception of being smooth and more floral, which they can be. But some makers, esp. LFD and LG are making stronger lines of cigars, esp the double ligero from LFD... Yeah, and Oliva makes great cigars, not especially known for their power, like Serie O and G. The V is fantastic also. The sound of the name Dominican Republic sounds so poetic and romantic. The name Nicaragua sounds like they make strong cigars... stronger than cubans. Nicaragua, Cuba. Cuba sounds like they make rounder, strong cigars. Maybe its the sound of oob...a. Round and strong. Anyway, what's in the sound of name. Or what's in the meaning of a name... A rose?... Oh well, maybe I'm crazy. GB :dude:

[user=1770]keith1911[/user] wrote:
Quote:Hey [user=670]reylopez2[/user],

I agree with you to a point.

There are of course exceptions to the rule.  I think that some of the Dominican makers are changing some of those perceptions.  Look at Litto Gomez and his La Flor Dominicana cigars.  Now most of his cigars are puros, but the LG line of cigars is very spicy and full bodied.  I am quite partial to his cigars.

Also with Fuente you have the Opus X, God of Fire, and Anejo lines.  Of those I think the only Dominican puro is the Opus, but they all have a pretty good amount of spice.

I do really love Nicaraguan cigars, especially the Oliva V.

Yeah, I have to agree, [smokin] Your very wise. [smokin] I like all kinds of gars from all kinds of countries. I have all kinds in my humidor... but right now i tend to smoke more cigars from the DR, they're so good!, though I really do like Oliva serie O, G, and V, and pepins and RP. Don't really miss Cubans... The cigars I have are soooo good! Thanks! Wink Bye... GB! :dude:

[user=64]Tonto The Long Island Sidekick[/user] wrote:
Quote:I find myself smoking more Nic cigars of late.....LG & Oliva.