Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trying olives This year
[Image: cc296f6d.jpg]

[Image: aee27750.jpg]

This is alot of work I had to remove all the pits out of the olives when thats all done put in water , change the water 2 times a day for 4 or 5 days till dark brown it takes the bitterness out ,then press them and get all the water out add garlic and wesson corn oil and hot peppers, jar them then leave in refrigerator for a few weeks then eat

This supposedly is the Sicilian way

I will let you know how it comes out ..............
Nice brother!
--Mike
Damn Jam, you're making the Mum look like a slack off.

I gotta start doing some cooking.

Nice job buddy..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I really want to learn how to make supprasata then i will be happy
hmmm, love olives. Theres gotta be a better way to get the pit out beside bashing it with mallet.
No Justice, No Peace!
(10-27-2010, 08:44 PM)nayslayer Wrote: hmmm, love olives. Theres gotta be a better way to get the pit out beside bashing it with mallet.

I agree because thats a pain in the as-
Mmmm, I love olives!
Very nice Jam, looks like a ton of work...
This is my boomstick!
you lost me at the corn oil. Otherwise, major yum!
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
Joe, what's next? canning anchovies or maybe sun drying dates? lol...I think you got too much time on your hands my friend!!! I hope to one day be able to taste some of your concocktions!!!

Keep up the good work brother!!!
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.
(10-28-2010, 07:37 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: you lost me at the corn oil. Otherwise, major yum!

believe me skipper that lost me but you cant use olive oil because it gets nasty in the refrig
(10-28-2010, 12:48 PM)iSmoke Wrote: Joe, what's next? canning anchovies or maybe sun drying dates? lol...I think you got too much time on your hands my friend!!! I hope to one day be able to taste some of your concocktions!!!

Keep up the good work brother!!!
let us in on some of your concocktions!!!

and i dont alligator or snake or your so called palmeto bugs all they are Ny cockaroaches on steroids