Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palió Cutter
i dont get it... I used fishhounds several times. It's just a double guillotine cutter. The xikar at least is unique.
My everyday cutter is my pocket knife.
[Image: opplanet-wenger-swiss-army-pocket-knife-...tter-2.jpg]
I've cut thousands of cigars with this over a 10 year period and no signs of dulling. (although to be fare, I have 2, one black and this stainless one)
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
(10-25-2010, 10:33 PM)The Diamond Lion Wrote: For me, the Palio is much easier to handle for a better cut. However, the debate over Palio versus Xikar is much like a debate over a Bentley and a Rolls Royce. Both cutters are well-made and have an iron-clad warranty backing them. But for me, in my humble opinion, the Palio is more comfortable.

I tried MTM's V-cutter for the first time the other night while herfing there. I liked it.

Well said Smile
(10-27-2010, 12:15 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: i dont get it... I used fishhounds several times. It's just a double guillotine cutter. The xikar at least is unique.
I've cut thousands of cigars with this over a 10 year period and no signs of dulling. (although to be fare, I have 2, one black and this stainless one)

Oooo Thats nice
until you've handled it, you have no idea. Everyone I let try it remarks. I have sliced a torp then decided I wanted it a little wider hence deeper, and was able to take paper thin slices off until I reached my desired draw.

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
(10-27-2010, 02:13 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: until you've handled it, you have no idea. Everyone I let try it remarks. I have sliced a torp then decided I wanted it a little wider hence deeper, and was able to take paper thin slices off until I reached my desired draw.

A friend of mine has one, and it does work very nicely!
Mcgyver would approve. I carry a swiss army knife. May upgrade to this one.
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.
-Jimmy Buffett
(10-27-2010, 11:15 PM)jollymon16 Wrote: Mcgyver would approve. I carry a swiss army knife. May upgrade to this one.

you wont regret it. I lost mine replaced it the same day.

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
(10-27-2010, 12:15 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: i dont get it... I used fishhounds several times. It's just a double guillotine cutter. The xikar at least is unique.

That is very cool and useful. It also brings to mind a simple principle: the best tool is the one that works. I think I need another cutter. Smile
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"