Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very excitied about these
Incredible cigars! Very nice...
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

Robbie should have them since he is a dinner host for this years event.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Beautiful pick-up..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Awesome Grab for sure
2009 is the only year I dont have. I've smoked a few of them. They are good cigars. Tough decision to smoke or not.
Enjoy them either way
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
Yea the question really is to smoke or not to smoke
--Mike
let me share something with you...
I managed two boxes of genuine pre-embargo Cubans. 100% pre-embargo tobacco. They were expensive. Around $650 a box and that was close to 12 years ago. I happily smoked one box (giving away around 8 of them) and made a small dent in the second box. Over the last few years what I found was the cigars are passing their prime. The last few I smoked was around a year ago and I was disappointed. I have maybe 12 left. So yeah, they are cool, but it would have been much more cool if they were still great. Alas, no cigar continues to improve. Eventually they all lose oils and flavor.
Would you want that to happen?

On the other hand, I was gifted 2 incredible cigars. One was a genuine cigar from Kennedy's stash (Petit Upmann). From a box gifted to the then priest who performed Kennedy's funeral. The other was a cigar that Fuente was experimenting with then after producing an acceptable prototype they decided not to market due to pricing issues (known simply as the AF13, the label had simply a 13 on it with Arturos signature on it, it was rumored to be the 13th prototype for this blend). The prototypes were banded and packaged for distribution to only a very few select people. A friend of mine was one of them and gave me a cigar. I smoked both of these. The only 2 cigars I ever smoked that I regret smoking.

In all cases I am talking about cigars that no one will ever be able to get again. Period. You may not be able to get those cigars with the dates 2009 on it, but you will be able to get them.

OK... did I confuse you more? lol
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
no actually you made a very good point!
--Mike
nice grab!
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
(10-08-2010, 01:13 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: let me share something with you...
I managed two boxes of genuine pre-embargo Cubans. 100% pre-embargo tobacco. They were expensive. Around $650 a box and that was close to 12 years ago. I happily smoked one box (giving away around 8 of them) and made a small dent in the second box. Over the last few years what I found was the cigars are passing their prime. The last few I smoked was around a year ago and I was disappointed. I have maybe 12 left. So yeah, they are cool, but it would have been much more cool if they were still great. Alas, no cigar continues to improve. Eventually they all lose oils and flavor.
Would you want that to happen?

On the other hand, I was gifted 2 incredible cigars. One was a genuine cigar from Kennedy's stash (Petit Upmann). From a box gifted to the then priest who performed Kennedy's funeral. The other was a cigar that Fuente was experimenting with then after producing an acceptable prototype they decided not to market due to pricing issues (known simply as the AF13, the label had simply a 13 on it with Arturos signature on it, it was rumored to be the 13th prototype for this blend). The prototypes were banded and packaged for distribution to only a very few select people. A friend of mine was one of them and gave me a cigar. I smoked both of these. The only 2 cigars I ever smoked that I regret smoking.

In all cases I am talking about cigars that no one will ever be able to get again. Period. You may not be able to get those cigars with the dates 2009 on it, but you will be able to get them.

OK... did I confuse you more? lol

Never regret Skip!!! Had you not smoked them you would have never know if you liked them or not!!! Now that they are smoke in the wind, you have a story to tell about the cigars you smoked!!! AND AN AWESOME STORY AT THAT!!!!!
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.