Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New moldy box
It's a rough one cause more than likely there gonna say that will wipe off as long as it didn't get in the foot, 2 of those cigars look bad but I cant see in the pic if the others are like that too I just wouldn't ask for a new shipment if only 2 cigars had mold. I would really try to wipe them down and you will more than likely be OK. Just sucks cause thats one of the risks of ordering them.
Pretty obvious that is mold on them. That picture should be good enough for them to tell that. You will sometimes get a LITTLE speck or two with some boxes, especially cigars that are in tubes. Little specks are pretty much safe to brush off and smoke the cigar IF it didn't get into the foot of the cigar. What you have there is an infestation of spore speaders just waiting for another moist environment to take over.

Considering what they are and where you got them, I would shoot for a credit back to your card for the bad sticks. I'm sure the retailer does not want a chargeback on the card for the entire box and will be more than willing to work with you since its only a few bad sticks.

Just keep in mind that it may not be the retailers fault for the mold. They didn't open the box before sending it to you, so they would not know if there was a problem until you tell them. I had a shipment of Monte's come in once that were perfectly sealed, seemed fresh, normal as usual....opened a box and I thought they shipped me a rolled up hamster instead of cigars. Of course it was taken care of, but don't blame the retailer unless they refuse to fix the problem.
(10-04-2010, 08:26 PM)Mark Wrote:
(10-04-2010, 08:25 PM)Dooley Wrote: Funny you should say that because I specifically said that I kmow its mold not plume when I emailed them.

If not then unfortunately you will have to chalk it up to a loss.

DAMN If THAT'S so!!! Call your card company and tell them the prob. Then back charge the $$. They will listen then.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

You can wipe it off, but it will grow back, and maybe on the other cigars. I'd try to send them back.
That sucks bro. If you got them from a reputable dealer they should make it right, they will probably drag their feet a little though.
I like smoking lightning
This thread reminds me of my ex...

ok, getting past the title

Good luck Dooley. I'm guessing I know the dealer you ordered these from. Wasn't the box opened and inspected before they sent it out? What a hastle. Expense and 2-3 times the exposure. I'm sorry you had to go through this.
First off, that's goddamn hilarious Skipper.
Good news. The company has agreed to send me a new box after I send this one back. They are even going to refund me the postage. Thanks for the help fellas. It totally helped knowing they were just trying to determine if it was mold and that I needed to let them know it was unacceptable. I'll have to update this when new ones come in.
Awesome news, I think I know who you bought from and figured they would
Great talking with you today buddy, glad everything worked out.
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
that's great news brother!
--Mike