Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this bad?
Marcelo is correct,here is my rubberdor...

[Image: DSC05714.jpg]

[Image: DSC05715.jpg]

simple muffin tin in humi 1....

[Image: DSC05712.jpg]

humi 2 with small salad dressing type tupperware....

[Image: DSC05713.jpg]
Nice Don!
--Mike
What about these...heard these are the same as cigar beads but much more for much less...

[Image: soilMoistGranules.jpg]
(10-19-2010, 04:42 PM)Bogey Wrote: What about these...heard these are the same as cigar beads but much more for much less...

I'm not familiar with those...do you know at what humidity they work? the heathfelt beads work at either 65% or 70% and were originally developed for museums to help preserve collections, so they are pretty accurate in holding the humidity....I've never had a problem with mine.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Bogey all of these suggestions will work. You just need to figure out which one works best for you.
As for the soil ammendment I know a couple of guys who use it and a couple who use some type of crystal cat litter. They all swear by the stuff. But like Tonto said, it's a trial and error thing to keep your humidity in the right range.

Send me your address. I have some beads I don't use anymore. They are yours if you want them.
(10-19-2010, 06:12 PM)discdog Wrote: Bogey all of these suggestions will work. You just need to figure out which one works best for you.
As for the soil ammendment I know a couple of guys who use it and a couple who use some type of crystal cat litter. They all swear by the stuff. But like Tonto said, it's a trial and error thing to keep your humidity in the right range.

Send me your address. I have some beads I don't use anymore. They are yours if you want them.

Bob, thats awesome of you my friend. Top notch as usual.

Bogey (Paul), take this offer. I've used the beads as recommended and have loved them. It takes the "Stupid" out of "Keep It Simple Stupid" I have them in all my humidors/cabs.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
My bead source...

http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/Search...word=beads