Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SC Site down on Friday evening
My apologies to all who tried to access StogieChat friday evening and was not able to, or received messages about a fake virus. The hosting company had another issue, like we had back in May, where some php code was compromised. There was not loss of data and all passwords are encrypted, so all is safe. However some may have experienced side effects due to the malicious code directing your computer to a fake anti-virus page. If you have anti-virus on your computer then it should have warned you and blocked it.

For those who are surfing without anti-virus software running or updated on their computer (which is bad), please contact me. There are plenty of free anti-virus products on the market and I will assist you with cleaning up your system if you need help.

This was not a direct attack on StogieChat, it was an attack on the hosting company which caused problems for thousands of their customers...including StogieChat.
Also, EDIT does not work.... Still trying to fix that problem as well.
5:10am errr!
Eric,

You are DA MAN! Thanks for working overtime to get us back online. Also, a question...my computer is armed to the teeth with anti-virus protection, but what about mobile phone access? Many, including myself, don't have anti-virus apps for our android phones. Could this have caused a problem there? I saw the redirect, but I immediately left the site and I didn't click on any link.

Again, sincerest thanks for getting StogieChat back up and running.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
Thank you very much for getting us back...
Sometimes a little down time id good as it makes us appreciate this place that much more. Too bad it wasn't for maintenance tho.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
edit? we had an edit function?

Wink
Dustin helped too! Both of us were away from computers and had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to fix the problem.
thank you for working thru the late hours for us

Thanks for bringing us back!
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

Thank you for working so hard to get everything back up and running!!
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
As long as you got it back Thank You