Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Website Builder Software
(09-13-2010, 11:33 PM)Teck1337 Wrote:
(09-13-2010, 01:30 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: bah...
notepad
I actually use Notepad++

me too.
you guys are hard core...lol
No Justice, No Peace!
Ok...not trying to hijack the thread....

my 10 year old wants to learn how to make games..... (He also wants to build his own computer & has been researching it. He's already educating me about using 2 video cards, etc)

Any ideas? Programs?

I was thinking maybe to start with something like Flash....
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Wow, Jan, that's a tall order for a 10-year old. I would start him on flash I guess. Real game making involves so many steps. 1st, coming up with the game idea, second coming up with characters, implementing the graphics, the logic...
Start him out with learning the scripting of Flash and see where it goes from there. Start him out with a simple program that says Hello.
NotePad????? HAHAHAHAHH Good Luck! Maybe 15 years ago!

But seriously...none of these editors are gonna do jack for you unless you are looking to build a simple template style site. It all starts with a design first...then the design is either sliced up for the editor to be coded or the design is brought into flash. I design many sites from simple low end info sites to full blown database driven dynamic sites. Check out my work: www.msmdesignz.com Smile
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
Nice! You did some huge projects! Funny, I spent about 4 hours yesterday learning how to do a php/sql database connect & filter the results with a shopping cart button per item. I have a LONG ways to go!
Thanks ET....I have been running my company for 10-11 years now...and did some freelancing before that. I am all self-taught. But I now have a staff of around 10 or so.
THE ONE & ONLY - THE LK

The last time there was a Tsunami at SC was many years ago when a young gentleman came in and EARNED the title of Legend Killer
- the Great Parkster

I don't even have words bro.  You have absolutely blown the $hit out of me. No come back, I got nothing, speechless - The Shephard PO - RIP July 2007
(10-10-2010, 12:23 AM)Maduro PiPs Wrote: NotePad????? HAHAHAHAHH Good Luck! Maybe 15 years ago!
i have the skills to write everything I need instead of using some hokey tool to write it for me...
& you're jealous.

Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer