Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
davidoff?
thanx boss, i will make sure they are in my next order of single sticks to sample

(08-30-2010, 01:08 PM)US_Tank Wrote: Davidoff has acquired the Camacho line. As good as the Davidoffs are there are a lot of lesser expensive sticks out there that taste as good or better for less money. I feel that the Camacho line is very underrated. For the money Camacho give a wide variety of flavor profiles and strength at a tremendous value. Camacho construction and draw are simply awesome. I honestly cannot say who has a similar profile. The Pepin My Father is similar to the Winston Churchill Chequers but they too are priced up there.

Two other great sticks at a decent price are Padilla Miami's and Padilla 1932 Signature Series.

I have enjoyed many Camacho cigars.
--Mike
IMO davidoff are overpriced for what you get. I like the Grand Cru no1 but I'm not rich and like to smoke every day. If I was rich I'd have a box of grand crus and double r in my humidor no doubt
i think davidoff offers some of the finest cigars in the world.
Davidoff does indeed make some fantastic cigars. They are expensive, but are a nice treat - I always like to smoke them with a fresh palate to enjoy their subtle notes.

If you are looking for a Davidoff experience at a better price, I assume that you are talking about a milder cigar with a good blend, intricate flavors, etc?

A couple that come to mind from my experience:
Quai d'Orsay - a wonderful mild blend with some wonderful complexity.
Butera Royal Vintage - an underrated cigar that is mild, but flavorful. These can also be a great value.

Enjoy the journey... ;-)
(09-01-2010, 07:05 PM)MaytagMan Wrote: Davidoff does indeed make some fantastic cigars. They are expensive, but are a nice treat - I always like to smoke them with a fresh palate to enjoy their subtle notes.

If you are looking for a Davidoff experience at a better price, I assume that you are talking about a milder cigar with a good blend, intricate flavors, etc?

A couple that come to mind from my experience:
Quai d'Orsay - a wonderful mild blend with some wonderful complexity.
Butera Royal Vintage - an underrated cigar that is mild, but flavorful. These can also be a great value.

Enjoy the journey... ;-)

I have not had either of them. I will have to add them to the list.
Now if only i could remember where i left that list!
--Mike