Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone know how to make a kegerator?
check out my new aquisition. i don't think it will work for a full size kegerator, but i think i could make it into a pony one. anyone here ever do these conversions? any design ideas or specs i should look for to know if it will even work. hell, if it won't, it will still be awesome to keep my beers in.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Scott that may be a tough one to do a kegerator. Is that a fold up plastic lid on the top?
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
(08-19-2010, 06:33 PM)Mark Wrote: Scott that may be a tough one to do a kegerator. Is that a fold up plastic lid on the top?

yes sir. no big deal if it's tough, it's still a really awesome cooler. and the free price tag was unbeatable. just thought it might make a cool kegerator.
Sweet cooler Scott!!! And that FREE price tag makes it that much more sweeter!!! Nice acquisition!!!
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.
Did someone go dumpster diving?
Nice pick up buddy..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(08-19-2010, 06:58 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Did someone go dumpster diving?
Nice pick up buddy..

Nope. Just have a cool rep at my store who changed displays and didn't see any use taking the cooler back to the warehouse.
(08-19-2010, 06:39 PM)scott81425 Wrote:
(08-19-2010, 06:33 PM)Mark Wrote: Scott that may be a tough one to do a kegerator. Is that a fold up plastic lid on the top?

yes sir. no big deal if it's tough, it's still a really awesome cooler. and the free price tag was unbeatable. just thought it might make a cool kegerator.

The cooling coils in that cooler wrap around the whole body of the unit so the tap would have to come up through the top.

The other thing you could do if you can get a 1/6 keg in through the top is use a standard tap for the keg with a co2 input, but for the out you could use a "cobra" tap instead of a tower.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Duuuude! I am all over that! Nice pickup!

Alright, grab a sheet of plywood, and a sheet of 2-3" pink foam from HD or Lowes. Make a template of the top, and trace it on the plywood. The plywood thickness will be dictated by the thickness needed for the top to be flush, if that makes sense?? Now, once you are happy with the way the top looks, measure the diameter of the opening on the inside of the ledge the top sits on. Make a template, trace to foam, cut out and attach. Now, the top should fit snug. Drill a hole in the top for your cobra line, or attach a tower and tap. You will want to paint the plywood with an epoxy paint to resist the moisture. You should be able to fit a 5lb tank, and a sixtel in there!!!

NICE!
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
I built my own home bar, and didn't know shit about building anything really. Here are some usefull links:
http://www.barplan.com/
http://www.kegworks.com/home.php
Last one should have any parts you should need
No Justice, No Peace!
thanks for all the advice guys. i think this might be doable.