Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
solution for restricted cigars?
today i was smokeing a cigar with a 48g size and it was very restricted, what can i do to fix this besides throwing the stick away and trying another? i know they make a machine that you can use that sticks a long thin needle type object thru the cigar, but are there things i can do to the cigar before smoking it to make sure it is not restricted besides using this type of device?
Check out:

http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-1...age-1.html

Quote:but are there things i can do to the cigar before smoking it to make sure it is not restricted besides using this type of device?

You could always do a test draw on it before you light it...
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

Sometimes you can roll it in your fingers and it loosens it up a little ir draw pocker i use a tooth pick and if its still bad Garbage
yup. i just rub it. and if it doesn't get any better, squeeze it some more. (that sounds dirty, lol) and what's the worst that can happen? you break it? it was unsmokeable anyway, so i don't worry about that.
Push a sharpened point on a coat hanger through it if its really bad. Sometimes I just use toothpicks.

Drawpoker is a waste of $ IMO
When I was smoking lower end cigars, I found a lot that were hard to draw through. I used an extra large paper clip that I straightened out with pliers and a couple hours sitting in the garage enjoying a cigar. Smile
Sometimes it takes two or three pokes through, but it usually helps. You do have to be careful that you dont go askew or you will poke a hole through the binder and wrapper, making the cigar pretty much useless. Patience, steady hands, and firm desire will see you through.
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
If its that bad brother i junk it.............
(08-16-2010, 08:03 PM)jam Wrote: If its that bad brother i junk it.............

+1 Smile

I know it sucks to toss out a smoke but its just not worth fighting with.
--Mike
A lot of the more oily cigars today that are made with a lot of ligero need to be smoked a little drier. I found that once I lowered my humidity to 65% my stuff smoked better. If you prefer 70% for storage try pulling your cigar out a couple hours before you're going to smoke it. Some people call this "dry boxing" your cigar. I actually know a few guys who keep a small desktop just for this purpose. Try this trick and see if it helps...