Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Active and Veteran Military Roll Call
I am curious who is on Active Duty, Reserve Duty, or is a Veteran of the U.S. Military.

I was on Active duty from 2001 to 2009 in the Air Force.
I was medically separated as a Staff Sergeant in Feb 09
My AFSC was 3S071.

Here were my duty stations:
Lackland AFB (of course)
Brooks AFB, TX
Sheppard AFB, MS
Osan Air Base, South Korea
Elmendorf AFB, AK
Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center, CA

I also did some tours in some "unsavory" places.

How about you? Big Grin
-Darrell
Fortunately for me, I can only salute you an say thank you to you and all the others who have helped keep me and my family and friends safe....
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Retired USMC
Active Duty 07/1987 - 07/2007
GySgt

Pretty much only stationed at MCAS Beaufort, apart from a three year tour on recruiting in NC and various schools. Though I've done tons of deployments; 2 in the Far East, nearly 3 years at sea, 2 tours in Iraq, 1 OEF (Afghanistan), a bunch throughout the States.

Miss it a lot sometimes, haven't had the easiest time adjusting to civilian life.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

(07-29-2010, 02:19 PM)Soulend Wrote: Miss it a lot sometimes, haven't had the easiest time adjusting to civilian life.

Thanks for all you did, Gunny.

I know what you mean about adjusting.
-Darrell
(07-29-2010, 02:11 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Fortunately for me, I can only salute you an say thank you to you and all the others who have helped keep me and my family and friends safe....
Well said Jimmie.....Agreed.
This is my boomstick!
Well as I think both you Darrell and Dave know, I'm currently serving in the Tenn Air National Guard. I had 5 years AD to start with including Tyndall AFB (PCity Fla), Osan AB Korea and FE Warren, WY. I've loved most of my experiences and it's hard to think about leaving it for good after 30 years. I've deployed to Germany in support of OEF where we flew C-130 mission all over Africa and Middle East. Went to Qatar the next year (08) where I had the privilege of meeting some fantastic young soldiers and Marines as they recouped in the Qatar hospital. We hear every day how this "young generation" is worthless and self serving but I am hear to say its A DAMN LIE. Almost without fail, the story I heard from those young guys was how they felt bad about having to recoup and taking away a weapon from their platoon/squad. Their chief objective was to get back to their brothers in arms as quickly as possible. Hardly self serving.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox. Yes, I've been blessed with many friendships in the military over the years.

Ernie
Thank you guys! More then I could ever say!
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
Oct 94: basic and tech training, Lackland AFB TX

I started out as Security Police is Mar 95
Mar 95 - Oct 96: Laughlin AFB, Del Rio TX
Oct 96 - Oct 97: Kunsan AB, South Korea
Oct 97 - Security Police changed to Security Forces
Oct 97 - Apr 03: Laughlin AFB, Del Rio TX
Apr 03 - Oct 07: Schriever AFB, Colorado Spring CO
In Aug 05 I retrained out of Security Forces into Education and Training
Oct 07 - present: AF Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, San Antonio TX

With various deployments and travels, I've been around the world...literally

Oct will be 16 years and have loved (almost) every minute of it
US NAVY from 77 to 81 was stationed on the USS Nimitz CVN 68. Worked in supply, was out to sea as that is what we did. Spent alot of time in the Med. Sea . Took part in the Iran crisis. Other than that pretty plain.
come in here dear boy have a cigar your going to go far