Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has the last 3rd of your cigar ever tasted like
...the way kitty liter smells?

Odd...I know. I was given an RP Conn and it was a nice mild/medium smoke but it honestly tasted the way kitty liter smells during the final 3rd and I had to put it down...

Any thought?
Dont store your smokes in the litter box

I am not sure I have ever experienced that flavor. That would be a good one to add to the Churros y Puros reviews. Smile I have had a few that get pretty amonia-ish towards the end, and I usually just pitch em
I like smoking lightning
I'm allergic to cats and bad cigars..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I think he means like S H I T. It happens often when I try to nub it til it singes my stash. It's a nasty acidic tobacco sting thing that if I push it, it will make me sick. I remember somewhere that you stop at the band. HA!!! not my cheap ass. LOL But I don't push it as far as Tommy, good thing I don't have a pipe. It seems like it happens more that it use to. Immadonnaknow.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I can't say I've had this. Have you only experienced this with the RP Conn? I haven't tried this stick, but I've had RP 1999 Conns and they were just fine. Perhaps an ammonia taste caused by undercured tobacco? Or maybe Tabby got into the drying barn....
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

here's my take...
The more mild a cigar is, the more it will change and usually not for the better. Also, if a cigar almost goes out or goes out and you relight it it can have an overpowering taste of ammonia (the source of the urine reference). Again, the more mild a cigar is, the worse this is. I dont know why, but stronger more flavorful cigars seem to suffer less form this.
that's my favorite part.
Cigar Art here - http://www.cigartist.com
MEOW!!