Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thompson Cigar
Bluesman455 Wrote:You will never be able to stop the catalogs they send,I had to threaten them with death,in order for them to stop.[curse]   [winner]
     They do send plenty of catalogs.  In the big scheme of things, I don't mind the catalogs so much.  I can look at them at my leisure, assuming I choose to do so, and/or recycle them as I please.  Unfortunately, I can't choose if/when they solicit me via telephone - and they can be very persistent. 

It would be one thing if when I picked up the phone, it was a cigar smoking vendor who cares about their product and is directly responsible for the sale of his product.  Heck, I've spoken to JJ at mycigarlink.com (good fella [thumbsup]) a few times, and if it were JJ, or Robbie, or our very own Eric (ET), or one of our other member/vendors calling me, I'd be pleased to speak to them.  However, in this scenario, it's clearly a telemarketer who's reason for calling is none other than pushy, commissioned sales.

If I could shop at a Thompson B&M, as crowb8 does, I'd probably be fine with them.  They often have some decent deals, and being able to purchase from them without the hassle of having to screen my phone calls would certainly leave a good impression.  I just don't think Thompson knows which side of their bread is buttered in regard to their online or mail-order sales. 
My mother in law meaning well ordered from Thompson a few times for christmas gifts for me.  I think I remember her saying they called a few times after that.
Tongue

crowb8 Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:None of us here in forum use Thompsons.

[cigar]
Excuse me, but I have been in Thompson's B&M near Tampa's airport several times. I have been happy with every purchase and have reported it here.

I haven't been around SC as long as some, but I don't consider myself an outsider.

[pirate2]

I'm sure walking in the store and ordering online are two different experiences with them.
Smile
I just talked to the people at Thompson this morning.  I ordered a box of Oliva V maduros that they had advertised.  I never got a confirmation email about my order, every time I logged in to check the status, it said processing, and nothing else.  When I gave them my order number to check the status, it pulled up somebody else.  I have been getting calls from an 800 nuber for the past week, but havent answered it.

I ordered from them a few times when I first started smoking, but found better places after that.  The only reason I returned was for a specific item that I hadnt seen anywhere else, that I thought was a limited production.

I doubt I will be ordering from them again
I like smoking lightning