Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Android Phone This Weekend
Guys, not sure if this is legit or not, but I figured I would post. Most stuff from www.cnet.com is pretty good.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-200074...eStories.0

(COPIED)

The top-rated LG Ally is one of three Android-powered smartphones you can get free this weekend. (Service charges apply, natch.)
(Credit: Wirefly)

iPhone, shmiphone. If you're not interested in hitching your wagon to Apple and/or AT&T, your best alternative (by most accounts) is an Android-powered smartphone.

From now until midnight on Sunday, you can get one absolutely free.

Wirefly is offering your choice of three Verizon Android phones for $0. You don't have to mess with any rebates, and even shipping is free.

You will, however, have to pony up $35 for activation--and, of course, sign up for a two-year Verizon contract. (Hey, I never said service was free.)

The only real dilemma? Which model to choose. Wirefly is offering the HTC Droid Eris, LG Ally, and Motorola Droid. All three have their pros and cons, but I think I'd probably go with the Ally. For one thing, it's the newest of the three by a good six months, and it has the latest version of the Android OS (2.1) right out of the box.

I'm no Android expert, however, so if you think there's a better choice, by all means talk it up in the comments.

Wirefly's deal is available for new and existing Verizon customers. It expires at midnight, Sunday, so you've got the weekend to mull it over.

Bonus deal: Calling all Mac users! From now until July 1, Digiarty Software is giving away WinX HD Video Converter. Normally $39.99, the utility can convert virtually any kind of video file (including HD formats) to just about any other kind of video file. It's particularly adept at converting vids for viewing on iPhones, PSPs, Xboxes, and the like.
Beware of wirefly. I got bit. When they say new costomers only is to get around each carriers policy for a new service even if you have there service. You can't keep your number ie "new contract" It took 9 months to get the rebate and have to jump thru 3 hoops @ and exact date or you loose the rebate. The carriers know what they are doing but they don't care because they move 1000s of phones a day. Just google wirefly scam and you get 140000 hits. It's ugly.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=wir...q=&gs_rfai=

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.