Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Most Famous
I met Karl Rove yesterday and get to have dinner with him tonight. He is in town for a fundraiser and my Dad has connections to get us at the table.

Last year I got to have lunch with Mike Huckabee as I am on my company's PAC. Also talked to him on the phone a few months ago. Our current Governor John Hoeven is a former associate of my Dad's so I have had some political interactions with him.

As a kid I met Johnny Bench and Dave Parker. Laker's coach Phil Jackson is from Williston, ND and he and my two uncles are lifelong friends. As a kid he spent time at my grandparents house then he and my parents were friends at UND. Got to meet him a couple of times.

I grew up with Virgil Hill the Silver Medalist and former Light Heavyweight Champ. He and his trainer Eddie Futch had Thanksgiving dinner with us at my uncles house in 1989 in Bismarck, ND. And in 1995 he trained at Playmakers in Fargo for a belt defense fight in Fargo. I worked at Playmakers and got to spend 6 weeks interacting with him over dinner or sparring with his kid in the ring.

Met Vijay Sihng and Tom Lehman in 1994. Got an autograph from Payne Stewart and Phil Mickelson but never really met them.

Next famous person on my list is Parkster.
(05-25-2010, 09:11 PM)carl609 Wrote: I met Billy Gibbons, Dusty Hill, and Frank Beard once, better known as ZZ Top, that was pretty cool.

I always found it amusing how two out of three members of ZZ Top were recognized by their huge beards, yet the guy named Frank Beard was the guy who had only a moustache. Go figure... Smile
(05-26-2010, 01:33 PM)US_Tank Wrote: I met Karl Rove yesterday and get to have dinner with him tonight. He is in town for a fundraiser and my Dad has connections to get us at the table.

Last year I got to have lunch with Mike Huckabee as I am on my company's PAC. Also talked to him on the phone a few months ago. Our current Governor John Hoeven is a former associate of my Dad's so I have had some political interactions with him.

As a kid I met Johnny Bench and Dave Parker. Laker's coach Phil Jackson is from Williston, ND and he and my two uncles are lifelong friends. As a kid he spent time at my grandparents house then he and my parents were friends at UND. Got to meet him a couple of times.

I grew up with Virgil Hill the Silver Medalist and former Light Heavyweight Champ. He and his trainer Eddie Futch had Thanksgiving dinner with us at my uncles house in 1989 in Bismarck, ND. And in 1995 he trained at Playmakers in Fargo for a belt defense fight in Fargo. I worked at Playmakers and got to spend 6 weeks interacting with him over dinner or sparring with his kid in the ring.

Met Vijay Sihng and Tom Lehman in 1994. Got an autograph from Payne Stewart and Phil Mickelson but never really met them.

Next famous person on my list is Parkster.

Lets see what I can do about that Tank, I have some airmiles that need spending.

Smile
(05-26-2010, 01:28 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
(05-26-2010, 07:42 AM)Parkster Wrote:
(05-26-2010, 07:34 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: It isn't necessary to mention the Mum... I wanted to mention I knew him first, but I don't like to gloat.

BTW, I have pictures of Ron J. (fully clothed) & my close friend (who some of you met & know as Richard Dreyfuss) went to highschool with him.

I met Richard Dreyfuss, he even signed a box of cigars for me.
Big Grin
did he spell it right?

He wrote "Dick" ......... I dont know if he was making a statement now that I think about it.
Hey Dave! I hope to come to Scotland and do some serious scotch tasting and experience the links. But the cabin has a bed with your name on it.
And you too can be a member of Big Cock Country.
There's room at casa Parkster, just let me know.

It is your own responcibility to arrange medical help for Kidney rejuvination on your return to the frozen north though.
(05-27-2010, 09:50 AM)Parkster Wrote: There's room at casa Parkster, just let me know.

It is your own responcibility to arrange medical help for Kidney rejuvination on your return to the frozen north though.

This is in my bucket list...
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(05-27-2010, 11:42 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote:
(05-27-2010, 09:50 AM)Parkster Wrote: There's room at casa Parkster, just let me know.

This is in my bucket list...

You know the door is open.
Scotland.. Nice! and being from the midwest gonna have to make it to Tank's ND Herf some day! Gonna have to work on my polar bear plunge skills though lol!
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
Hugh Jackman in the Shreveport LA AP, 14 May

[Image: 100_3019.jpg]
You would think those big spikes that shoot out of his hands would screw up his watch
I like smoking lightning