Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more cigar shipments to UTAH
http://le.utah.gov/~code/TITLE76/htm/76_10_010501.htm

All tobacco transactions must be face-to-face, with the exception of shipping product to retailers/wholesalers. Mail order, phone and internet are not allowed for consumer purchases.
Wow, speechless......
I feel sorry for those who live in Utah Sad
This is my boomstick!
California will be next!! --Im so sad...
This is sad news indeed..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
so stores in Utah do not have internet competition now... hmmm.... Lets see what their prices do.

There HAS to be something unconstitutional about this.
The problem is, they are just the beginning.... next might be CA, NY, or your state. I hope the big guys like Thompsons, CI and JR's have some government ties to stop this crap.
(05-20-2010, 01:12 PM)Admin Wrote: The problem is, they are just the beginning.... next might be CA, NY, or your state. I hope the big guys like Thompsons, CI and JR's have some government ties to stop this crap.

Well California already did this for Ammo sales (Face to face only, no internet, phone or mail order sales)... Cigars will be next... It's always Guns/Ammo then Cigars... Thats always the order of attack in California.
(05-20-2010, 01:12 PM)Admin Wrote: The problem is, they are just the beginning.... next might be CA, NY, or your state. I hope the big guys like Thompsons, CI and JR's have some government ties to stop this crap.

But the mail order bride business is jammim! LOL

They can take Pay pal and THAT'S huge for a company that does not allow tobacco sales under any circumstances.
Does NJ or someone up there not allow cigarette sales so they can have all the tax base. You are right about the states figuring out how to keep or create a tax base. How wrong it will be for the beginning of shutting down a part of the cigar industry.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Alcohol has faced crazy mail order laws for decades. Hopefully cigars will not come to that. The states are all facing budget shortfalls and are eager to get their hands in the cookie jar.
Almirante Pirata
It's ok to have 29 wives though according to Brigham Young.
Freakin' ray of sunshine, ain't I.