Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offline, Bombs AWAY!
Hitting a friend who doesn't smoke cigars that much with one helluva bomb. Could use some suggestions. This is the guy that got me into the cigar world, so I think it's time to pay him back with:

(Two of each)

Brick House Churchill
NUB Habano Torpedo
Rockey Patel OWR Maduro Robusto
Maker's Mark
Oliva Serie V
Cohiba Siglo
and...
A pack of backwoods that started it all.

I'm giving him two so he and his wife can enjoy them, because they are two of the best folks I've ever met. I'm looking for a good flavored robusto to give them (partial to that sort of thing) so anything you can suggest would be amazing.
As always, keep on smokin'...
Josh on YouTube
If he does not smoke much, then I wonder if he has adequate storage for those fine c'gars? A bomb like that might last him a year and would dry out before he could appreciate them fully. Less the backwoods...those keep for years in the foil packs and still taste like the same shit.
(03-26-2010, 09:00 PM)Admin Wrote: If he does not smoke much, then I wonder if he has adequate storage for those fine c'gars? A bomb like that might last him a year and would dry out before he could appreciate them fully. Less the backwoods...those keep for years in the foil packs and still taste like the same shit.

He doesn't smoke much anymore...he's still got his old nix that antique humidor. Good idea though, I'll have to ask him, but you can see his mouth water when I break out my cigar tube.
Josh on YouTube
Eric has a good point. I would cut down on the bomb especially since times are tough for you at the moment.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(03-26-2010, 09:25 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Eric has a good point. I would cut down on the bomb especially since times are tough for you at the moment.

Thanks Jimmie, I'm sourcing most of these smokes from left overs and my Grandfather's stash since he doesn't (not allowed) smoke anymore. Where the hell else would I get a Cohiba? In reality I'm probably spending about 20 bucks, on an old friend.
Josh on YouTube
Why don't you offer up a nice trade on StogieChat and try to get some booze you are looking for?
Almirante Pirata
(03-26-2010, 09:48 PM)SenorSmoke Wrote: Why don't you offer up a nice trade on StogieChat and try to get some booze you are looking for?

That was more of a tongue and cheek thread I wrote after I go the news and a little good-bye party. For clarification, even though it's going to make me sound like a pussy; A 750ml bottle of scotch will last me a good two-three months, and the boss at work gave me some JW Gold as a "gold watch" and some so I should be set until I find another job, or hopefully return back. Seeing as the thread was closed before I could make any updates, thank you all for your support and criticism. It's good to know that a forum and it's contributors can have some personal worth to me.

On a lighter note, I hit my old friend Ken with Cohiba's and OWR's last night, and currently he is down to none, a testament to the adage "old habits die hard." So, I told him to "fire" up the old humidor, because I got a few more on the way.

Also, since you guys are much more seasoned at bombing then me, what's the best way to ship cigars? USPS,FedEx,UPS, etc. I think with the surplus of cigars I have, if shipping is cheap enough I can through my hat into the ring and maybe send some "fireworks" (not bombs) to my StogieChat cohorts...maybe I should start a new thread.
Josh on YouTube
Josh, I usually ship them USPS for 4.95 unless you want tracking. Depending where I ship them or what's in the box depends on wheather I get tracking. Also, if I ship close by, I usually just pay regular postage. Hope that helps...

We all make mistakes and hopefully we all learn from them and hopefully we can move on....
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore