Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Feds are on Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn and Twitter
(03-17-2010, 07:26 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote:
(03-16-2010, 07:13 PM)Admin Wrote: So if we see a new member with the name, IneedCubans we should watch out? Wink

You joke but you can be 100% certain that this site generates a ton of attention & I'm sure this site is checked regularly. The Feds have people who's job it is to do nothing than to pour over internet sites and find suspect information. The "bombing" section has all the keywords.

As does all the other cigar forums and sites that sell Cubans especially the very popular forums.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
All I can say is if we dont want the consequences, of a crime . We should not commit it. What ever it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of us upstanding American straight laced citizens...................................... Yes US............................. Now do you see why we must sleep with one eye open. We never no who is lurking in our darkness...........Fear None..................when we order anything on the net we take a chance.
come in here dear boy have a cigar your going to go far
In 06 David Faber from CNBC did a Documentary on Big Brother, Big Business and it is a MUST WATCH for the "you just thought you were paranoid" guys. Facial recognition cameras set up on the sidewalks in NY and other cities that just BLEW me away along with the data mining on us. I can't imagine where the tech is now. This thread was on the front page of Yahoo. Now this one today. Another great read.
http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/art...3&ccode=rd

I know it is long but it will Blow you away. Fire up a great cigar and watch it. You can thank me later. LOL
http://www.netlingo.com/more/bigbrother.php

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Not only are Law Enforcement and the government using these sites, but employers check out these sites as well to see what kind of future employees they may be hiring.

We tell kids all the time not to post anything that they don't want the whole world to see.
Agent Schmuckatelli is watching us???

Seriously, you guys should try joining a forum for firearms enthusiasts. Any time you post a "for sale" ad with the laws CLEARLY written (Will only ship from dealer to dealer, you pay overnight shipping costs, or Face-to-face only with other residents of that particular state), you'll get 100 emails offering you 2x to 5x more than your asking price, they just HAPPEN to live 5 mins outside your state's border, and would be happy to meet you in your own state, even though it wouldn't be a PA resident to PA resident (or your own state) transaction (thus requiring additional paperwork/background checks).

1984 was the wrong year, but not the wrong story.
(03-17-2010, 11:29 PM)MaytagMan Wrote: Not only are Law Enforcement and the government using these sites, but employers check out these sites as well to see what kind of future employees they may be hiring.

We tell kids all the time not to post anything that they don't want the whole world to see.
Yup....

(03-17-2010, 11:57 PM)Vitamin G Wrote: Agent Schmuckatelli is watching us???

Seriously, you guys should try joining a forum for firearms enthusiasts. Any time you post a "for sale" ad with the laws CLEARLY written (Will only ship from dealer to dealer, you pay overnight shipping costs, or Face-to-face only with other residents of that particular state), you'll get 100 emails offering you 2x to 5x more than your asking price, they just HAPPEN to live 5 mins outside your state's border, and would be happy to meet you in your own state, even though it wouldn't be a PA resident to PA resident (or your own state) transaction (thus requiring additional paperwork/background checks).

1984 was the wrong year, but not the wrong story.
Hehe... Its dumb.
(03-16-2010, 01:08 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: yeppers... and thank god. Maybe it's through this effort we have not had any terrorist bombs go off on US soil since 2001.

Oh T, you may in fact be paranoid, but now you can feel justified too! Wink

(BTW, I loved that movie The Conspiracy Theory )

With ya on this one 100% Skipper!
I refuse to post in this thread because I know the feds are watching it and I don't want to be associated with it.
Almirante Pirata
LOL @ SS

Yeah, Jimmie, you are right. But so was I. The feds are reading the bombing posts with interest (and now this one, I used the b-word). There are a lot more agents reading internet posts than there are cigar boards.

Personally I think this is great. Someone is watching me? That's GREAT! Even better, let them watch Abdul Bin Obisama. Stop him from taking another 3,000 American lives and threatening our American way of life.
I dont see the problem. Nor do I see what freedoms we give up by this surveillance. I do see the freedoms we give up by terrorism. I've had my briefcase searched 2 times this week alone. I walk by no less than 7 or 8 armed soldiers carrying m16's and another 2 police decked out in full riot gear also carrying m16's each morning. And another batch each afternoon.
Here are my wishes.
1- a camera with full facial recognition on every corner in NYC and every other major city or potential terrorist target.
2- Every inch of every subway car and platform, plane and airport, boat and port similarly equipped.
3- every internet post, access, site, etc, fully scanned for any illicit activity.
If this activity helps to catch even a single terrorist and that results in the saving of a single American life, it's 100% worth it. It cost me nothing.

By the way, no one ever complained seeing a policeman on a corner. Isn't he survailling you? Doesn't he have some sort of built-in facial recognition?
I agree... I just dont think the government needs to read our e-mails, listen in on our phone calls, and invade our privacy in areas in which we have a reasonable expectation for privacy.

Message boards, tweets, etc... You have no, or should expect no privacy... When your talking around a city, airport, or subway... You have no privacy...

I dont know, I think there are people on both sides who think you should have no privacy what so ever down to the point if Uncle Sam wants to walk into your house for no particular reason and start going through shit that they should... Then you have people who dont even think there should be camera's anywhere.

I still believe in having privacy where you have a reasonable expectation for privacy... Anywhere else, its free game.