Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SC members who ride
I'm new here, but I've noticed a few threads that have photos or mention motorcycles and riding. I don't know if it's been done before, but it would be a cool thing for those of us who live somewhat close to one another, to organize a ride of some sort ride (ya know, a "live to ride, ride to herf" kind of thing). Motorcycling is one of life's greatest pleasures, perhaps having a destination, like a cigar bar, lounge, or cigar event and a group of riders to meet up with, would fuse bikes with another one of life's greatest pleasures, cigars. Just an idea.
(02-10-2010, 03:15 PM)BrianV Wrote: I'm new here, but I've noticed a few threads that have photos or mention motorcycles and riding. I don't know if it's been done before, but it would be a cool thing for those of us who live somewhat close to one another, to organize a ride of some sort ride (ya know, a "live to ride, ride to herf" kind of thing). Motorcycling is one of life's greatest pleasures, perhaps having a destination, like a cigar bar, lounge, or cigar event and a group of riders to meet up with, would fuse bikes with another one of life's greatest pleasures, cigars. Just an idea.
Dude...I'm in. I think its a great idea Cool
Cigar Art here - http://www.cigartist.com
It is an awesome idea... Wish I had more time to ride, and had more people close to me to ride...Seems as though most riders are in the midwest area around here.
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

Where are you located? I think that is a great idea. I was hoping to do a cross country cigar tour this summer on my bike. We will see, though. It all comes down to money, and my job situation.
btw, i am in Utica NY (btwn albany and syracuse) - i also have a buddy and a pop-in-law who ride and smoke cigars i am sure they would be up for it!!
Cigar Art here - http://www.cigartist.com
sounds goood where you from, there is about 8 to 10 of us in Nebraska and we ride and herf ,camp, herf, cookout ,herf and we do it all year unless snow,ice, cold, or bikes are in shop getting goodies put on them. ( mostly done in winter, like now ) but if close or passing through give us a yell.
come in here dear boy have a cigar your going to go far
(02-11-2010, 09:03 AM)buckit60 Wrote: sounds goood where you from, there is about 8 to 10 of us in Nebraska and we ride and herf ,camp, herf, cookout ,herf and we do it all year unless snow,ice, cold, or bikes are in shop getting goodies put on them. ( mostly done in winter, like now ) but if close or passing through give us a yell.

Hey Buckit60,
Sounds like a nice group you have there. I'm sure you guys have a blast. I am in New York (Long Island). We get some winter riding in here, but this year the rain and snow has my bike sitting in the garage on a battery tender awaiting spring.
(02-11-2010, 07:27 AM)mad4maduro Wrote: btw, i am in Utica NY (btwn albany and syracuse) - i also have a buddy and a pop-in-law who ride and smoke cigars i am sure they would be up for it!!

I am somewhat familiar with your neck of the woods. I've been hunting up around there, Herkimer County. I've never ridden up that way, but I would imagine those lightly traveled roads that wind up through farm country have to make for a beautiful day of riding.
(02-11-2010, 12:42 AM)carl609 Wrote: Where are you located? I think that is a great idea. I was hoping to do a cross country cigar tour this summer on my bike. We will see, though. It all comes down to money, and my job situation.

I'm here in New York. That's a hell of ride! I wish I had the time to do a trip like that. It is certainly something you want to take your time doing. Perhaps someday I'll have that opportunity.
Brian, We do and alot of fun .Weather was nice here last week , nice enough to get mine to the shop, I have an 09 Road King Classic it has a 103 in it and now getting 16" ape hangers braided lines chrome controls. The whole front end will be chromed out after this$$$$$$$$$ trip. And ready for the riding season 12 mo a year. Do you do any Rally's. Gus on this board turned me on to Bikes Blues& BBQ in Fayetteville, Arkansas last fall it was awesome. And of course Sturgis. Buit anyway keep in touch and stay active on SC a good bunch of fellas here. I will leave my mark SWOEO do some research you will understand the meaning have fun here hope you stick around
come in here dear boy have a cigar your going to go far