Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrapper Cracks
I was smoking a MX2 Belicoso last Night and as i got 3/4 down to the bottom of the stick it exploded cracked,wrapper falling off that makes me crazy i throw the rest away, is that from over humidity or under humidity it was not soft or spongy to the touch my humi is usually 68 or 69 but
keep moe larry & curley away from your stash!
[Image: wtl_ec%20(3).jpg]
Skipper you are a funny man.

Jam sometimes cigars have construction flaws. It sounds to me like your humidity is not causing any problems. A wet cigar will not burn and will have to be relit way to often. A dry cigar will burn hot and fast and wrapper issues will usually be apparent before you light. So then what could be your problem? I would say it is either a minor construction problem or operator error. I know that when I am rough with a cigar while smoking it I increase my chances of wrapper unravel. Hard biting while distracted with fishing or sone other task that is needing both hands. Basically anything that misshapes the cigar will eventually unravel the wrapper. Can you give more details of what you were doing while smoking? If you did not stress the cigar then it was probably a construction issue.
Well being that it's friggin freezing where i am, sometimes when you smoke in the cold the change in temp and humidity will cause this, i know this happens to me
No Justice, No Peace!
(01-30-2010, 09:21 AM)SenorSmoke Wrote: Skipper you are a funny man.

Jam sometimes cigars have construction flaws. It sounds to me like your humidity is not causing any problems. A wet cigar will not burn and will have to be relit way to often. A dry cigar will burn hot and fast and wrapper issues will usually be apparent before you light. So then what could be your problem? I would say it is either a minor construction problem or operator error. I know that when I am rough with a cigar while smoking it I increase my chances of wrapper unravel. Hard biting while distracted with fishing or sone other task that is needing both hands. Basically anything that misshapes the cigar will eventually unravel the wrapper. Can you give more details of what you were doing while smoking? If you did not stress the cigar then it was probably a construction issue.

Yes now thats a good reason i am rough and i bite and cut sometime . I never have to relit and its always a few inches from the foot that cracks or unravels

Thanks Joe
Dry cigars will unravel. I find that below 60% humidity you are inviting this to happen especially with oily cigars.
I can't stand it when wrappers crack.. It's got to be my biggest pet peeve, so I feel your pain Jam!
Scott
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com