Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old lighters
I've got 2 old lighters, one of them I was told was my paternal grampa's, who passed away when I was 8 months old, and a ladies cigarette case with lighter, mirror and a pad of make-up.

The lighter that was Pop-pop's is a Colibri S23 Monogas, with a leather wrap, a striker mechanism of some sort that is not working.

The ladies case is a Ronson with initial LHM on the top (I have no clue whom that could be) a small swing-out lighter, tooled steel case for cigarettes in one side, no other indicator of what model it is, and the striker doesn't seem to spark, either.

One of my questions is who would be able to repair the Colibri? I have no clue, but I think it would be kind of cool to revive it again.

And as for the other, anyone have an idea of the model and/or date of manufacture? I might see if it has any interest on Ebay unless there is some place else I should take it to for an appraisal.
(01-18-2010, 10:08 PM)Nub Noob Wrote: I've got 2 old lighters, one of them I was told was my paternal grampa's, who passed away when I was 8 months old, and a ladies cigarette case with lighter, mirror and a pad of make-up.

The lighter that was Pop-pop's is a Colibri S23 Monogas, with a leather wrap, a striker mechanism of some sort that is not working.

The ladies case is a Ronson with initial LHM on the top (I have no clue whom that could be) a small swing-out lighter, tooled steel case for cigarettes in one side, no other indicator of what model it is, and the striker doesn't seem to spark, either.

One of my questions is who would be able to repair the Colibri? I have no clue, but I think it would be kind of cool to revive it again.

And as for the other, anyone have an idea of the model and/or date of manufacture? I might see if it has any interest on Ebay unless there is some place else I should take it to for an appraisal.

Inside shot of ladies case

Clasp

[Image: meepline.gif]
Both Colibri and Ronson are still in business. Have you thought about contacting them?
Other than that, ask Skipper, he is the resident lighter nut.
Wow, those are really cool items, I'm sure they mean a lot to you!
Best of luck getting them repaired. Contacting Colibri and Ronson (as well as Skipper) was great advice! Good luck Smile
This is my boomstick!
I really dont know much about this... You need to speak with someone who knows something about antiques & restoring antiques.
Off hand I would say check out a few local jewelers, but if there is any value on those lighters, any repairs by anyone who doesn't know what they are doing has the potential to devalue them significantly.
(01-19-2010, 06:32 AM)EvilAsh Wrote: Wow, those are really cool items, I'm sure they mean a lot to you!
Best of luck getting them repaired. Contacting Colibri and Ronson (as well as Skipper) was great advice! Good luck Smile

Eh, they don't mean that much to me, with the Colibri having a scintilla more meaning to me having been told it was my Pop-pop's. I had not seen it until about 5 years ago.
[Image: meepline.gif]
Hey NUB, I bought an old school humidor, and I mean old school a year ago. It came with the same type of lighter. Here is the whole collection. Its a humidor with a front door and pull out lighter, ask tray and cigar holder.

This sits out in the shop, nect to where I will be in an hour or so with a taste of that Woodford Reserve and a cigar. My weekend treat.

RUMBLON

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-18-2010, 10:11 PM)SenorSmoke Wrote: Both Colibri and Ronson are still in business. Have you thought about contacting them?
Other than that, ask Skipper, he is the resident lighter nut.

I thought Colibri went belly up?
Cool lighters! I've always wanted to picked up a few of that design.