Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Very Nice Gesture From Famous-Smoke!
Just had to share this story about a recent experience with Famous-Smoke.com:

Like the rest of you guys, I frequently like to see what CigarMonster.com has going (which is an hourly updated steal on some pretty good sticks at Famous-Smoke.com). But for the last couple weeks, I've been unable to "Proceed to Checkout" after adding stuff to my basket. Over a couple weeks time, I had been unable to make a number of purchases on some killer sticks.

Work has been incredibly busy lately, so I would just give up and go on to something else. Well, I finally decided that I'd try sending them an email describing the problem and let them know that they were probably losing sales! The website development team got back to me quickly, wanting to know more about what I was experiencing.

After half-a-dozen emails back n' forth, they offered me a choice on their Famous 70th Anniversary series of cigars to thank me for the time and effort to help them resolve what had been a rather mysterious problem for a small number of their online customers. Here's what I picked out:

http://www.famous-smoke.com/famous+70th+padron+anniversary+cigars/item+29601

Can't wait to try them out!!! [cigar] Those are A+ guys in my book! [bravo2]

Happy ending: After the 8th email, they had the problem isolated and fixed. Glad I was able to help out one of my favorite vendors, and I will be smoking one of those Padron 70th Maduros in their honor by this weekend!
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
That is great customer service!  Glad the made things right with the SC Ambassador [thumbsup]

Also let us know how they are, I remember a thread asking about them a while back.
We herfed a few weeks back at my house with DiscDog.  He had just gotten back from the big Famous-Smoke party/herf with some of those.  He said they were really nice.  He like the Padron version that your showing, but didn't like many of the others if I remember correctly.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
The Garcia 70th are very good, and I just received 2 boxes of the La Aurora 70th. We'll try them out and compare with the Padron 70th when you're here this weekend. How's that?
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
Dude.

I almost bought a fiver today.  PLEASE do a review for these!!!

Thanks!!!!
Agreed.   Definitely want to see a review that isn't typical garden variety .com propaganda on how it tastes of nutmeg and coffee that was freshly picked by Juan Valdez and his trusty burro just this morning.   Smile
That's great brent. I have looking at those for a while and just didn't know about the custom banding for famous.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Thats awesome bro! Thats a spendy box of smokes they gifted ya!
Scott
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

Thats great!  Would never see that from that OTHER site.
And yes I'm bashing even if I shop there once and a while. :p

Wait, they sent you a whole box of those?  Confusedhock:
Wowza!

Right on Papa Smurf!!!!
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.