• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avo 80th Anniversary Belicoso
[/b]Dominican Republic
Belicoso
6 x 52
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Sun Grown
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Dominican

Avo Uvezian started the trend of a special cigar with his 75th birthday.  The 75th Anniversary cigar is now the Avo Signature.  This edition, celebrating his 80th birthday, matches perfectly to his current state of being – still going strong.  This is probably one of the strongest, if not THE strongest Avo cigar made to date.

The cigar is nicely made with a slightly shorter taper to the head of the cigar.  Has a pretty smooth Colorado shaded wrapper and the cigars is neither too firm nor too hard.  Feels perfect.

Upon lighting, the first thing that hits you is the spice with the slight note of black pepper.  Behind the spice is a solid core of nice tobacco flavors with notes of earth and a lesser tone of woodiness.  Even with the spice, the flavor is very smooth.  As the cigar burns the flavor I described begins to come out more while he level of spice and pepper seems to roll back, but still maintains a nice balance between the two.  The smoothness of the cigar remains constant.

The cigar burned nicely and mostly even, except towards the end where it started to canoe on me.  The smoke was thick and never burned hot.  I would say this cigar is full in flavor and full in strength, demonstrated by the nice nicotine kick I got towards the end.

I found this cigar a bit similar in flavor to the Avo LE5, except much spicier and stronger.  While this was a good cigar, and I would recommend it to people who like strong smokes, I think the Avo LE5 is a much better balanced cigar between strength and flavor.[/i]
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Thank you mike... that was a great review.  You made it sound very good.
Nice! I will fire one up this afternoon. I was waiting for your review first.Cool
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
i was wondering how that stick was... thanks for the killer review!
lz6 Wrote:Nice! I will fire one up this afternoon. I was waiting for your review first.Cool

I'd really like to hear your reaction to this one, too, Bob (or anyone else who has smoked one)
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Enjoyed Saturday afternoon Mike. I have only smoked a few AVO's but this one is a keeper! I like the strength and the balance, and it was very well made. I think a year's rest will make it still more interesting.

"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
Nice review Mike.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
lz6 Wrote:Enjoyed Saturday afternoon Mike. I have only smoked a few AVO's but this one is a keeper! I like the strength and the balance, and it was very well made. I think a year's rest will make it still more interesting.

I concur, Bob... I think a year or more would make this a fantastic smoking experience

It wasn't what I was expecting AT ALL. Rich, powerful, w/lots of flavor!
Great review Mike! I have been meaning to get my hands on a couple of these.