Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ash your Cigar
I've seen it plenty of times. In fact, it's a real tell-tale sign of a newbie. He/she wants to knock the ash off of their cigar but it's not ready yet to fall yet. They then proceed to bang their cigar on the side of an ashtray or they scrape the ash off using the side....both funny as hell to watch but sad to see at the same time.

The ash of your cigar, if it's ready, should be able to be knocked off with a simple tap of your finger.

Sometimes, most of the time while trying to see just how long you can make it, the ash will fall off unexpectedly. This happens to the best of us. Believe it or not from this embarrassing experience you can see just how well made your cigar really was. The ash will fall from you cigar and land on the floor with what we like to call a "thud" sound. If you happened to be smoking a really well made cigar then even from the height it was dropped the ash should still somewhat retain it's shape....I've seen this happen with mainly Opus and Cohibas.

Just a quick tip and a few facts to the newbies out there. If this thread helps just one person then it's done it's job.Smile
Right on.... if a light tap doesn't do it... leave it alone.

One other thing for the newbies out there...
When the ash starts to "crack" and has cracks almost all the way around, it's probably close to time. At this point you should try that light tap a little more often.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

> > Cigar Rights - Help Exempt Premium Cigars From FDA Regulation!

Also, if you really do want that ash off or if its too long for your comfort and you dont want it falling off and making a mess, but it doesnt want to come off with a light tap, there is an easy way to get it off. 
Take two medium puffs right after the other (or shortly after the first) and the ash should fall right off with a light tap.  And then let it rest a little and you should be good.
Djaric hit the nail on the head, I've found his method works..  But I usually try to leave it on until it falls on its own.. Unless Im on the laptop and don't want ashes all over the place.
Scott  
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

Joe Wrote: The ash will fall from you cigar and land on the floor with what we like to call a "thud" sound. If you happened to be smoking a really well made cigar then even from the height it was dropped the ash should still somewhat retain it's shape....I've seen this happen with mainly Opus and Cohibas.

man, PAM 26's do this beautifully

I sometimes ash early if I am talking or playing cards...do not want the ash falling off on the table or other places.
Irishcelt Wrote:I sometimes ash early if I am talking or playing cards...do not want the ash falling off on the table or other places.
I also do it frequently while driving. Don't want any accidents to happen then either.
I'm a Ash man too.
Tommy2guns Wrote:I'm a Ash man too.
Really, I'm a butt man myself!!!!! Wink  But I do ash from time to time
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
I like to see a nice long ash on my cigar....until it falls on my lap lol