Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avo Maduro Piramide
The Avo Maduro Piramide has been one of my favorite cigars for years.  I haven't had one in maybe a year.  I haven't been smoking much lately, so I thought I'd give it a try and see if it held up to my evolving tastes.  It did not disappoint.

This is a beautiful torpedo, a bit longer than your standard #2 size.  The wrapper is a nice, even dark chocolate brown.  I've found them to be very consistent over the years.  I clipped mine with about a 3/8", which yielded a smooth, open draw, but not too loose.  The body was medium.  A perfect light yielded an absolutely straight burn throughout it's 50 minute duration.  The flavors were woody, creamy cocoa, with a hint of cinnamon, and a spice that begins subtely, but crescendos evenly as the cigar progresses.  This was not a strong cigar.

Very tasty overall, but maybe lacking in depth just a bit.  There's not too much to complain about, as this is one of the best cigars you can get for $6-7.  Still a favorite after all these years.

Nice review.  I once tried one of these with a year in the humidor and it had to have been the smoothest, creamiest smoking cigars I have ever had.Smile
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
sounds like a damn nice stick, especially for that price. i'll keep a lookout. thanks for the review.Cool
Good review.  These are really good cigars.  I have never had a bad one.
I have never tried any of the AVO cigars as I have heard all of them tend to be realy mild. Is this true for the Maduros too. I just recieved a couple of these and just letting them rest before trying one.

Nice review, keep them coming.
I would not classify their maduros as mild.... they are more of a medium bodies cigar.
discdog Wrote:I have never tried any of the AVO cigars as I have heard all of them tend to be realy mild. Is this true for the Maduros too. I just recieved a couple of these and just letting them rest before trying one.

I'd call this one a medium flavored cigar.  It's probably one of the stronger tasting cigars in their line.
Sounds good bartok..........I'll have to add one to my to do list  Smile
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
lz6 Wrote:Sounds good bartok..........I'll have to add one to my to do list  Smile
I'm always amazed when I find there's a cigar that Uncle Bob hasn't tried yet.  Alright, you asked for it ...
discdog Wrote:I have never tried any of the AVO cigars as I have heard all of them tend to be realy mild. Is this true for the Maduros too. I just recieved a couple of these and just letting them rest before trying one.

The Avo regular line and XO line are mild, The Avo Signature and Domaine are med-full cigars (The avo Sig is the Avo 75 put into regular prodution)
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]