Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A.Fuente Chateau Fuente Sungrown: Review
Just got a box of the Double Chateau's with a SG wrapper. Matches Ridgerunner's description of the flavor profile, only a bit spicier. I think, due to the size of the leaves used in their construction. And it is a good 1 1/2 - 2 hour smoke!!

If you haven't tried the Chateau/Double Chateau line, and you like a tasty medium bodied smoke, I recommend them highly - naturals, maduros, and sun growns are all great tasting smokes, at a very reasonable price!!
These always seem to make me goofy in the head near the end.  Tongue
Just the other night I pulled one of these from my humidor not looking at the date I had put on the box. I headed outside with a drink my cutter and lighter and sat down for my evening smoke. When I first lit this cigar it did not taste like the usual chateu fuente sg I am used to. It didnt have that spicey kick that you usualy get when you first light them. I smoked through this cigar wondering the whole time why this one tasted so diffrent from the couple hundred or so I have smoked in the past. When I was through I went back inside and looked at the box I had pulled this stick from. My wondering was over! I pulled from a box I had been ageing for a loooong while!! Man, what years can do to a cigar.. I guess that was my yearly tasteing from that box. Cant wait to see what they taste like next year. In the mean time I am going to grab a couple more boxes to put down.. These taste great with age!!!

Mike
The spice on these as well as most cigars usually go away with time.Some faster than others.
I happend to like these with age,they go sooooooooo much sweeter and bolder in flavor,yet smoother than young.More balanced,so-to-speak.

Thanks for the secondary review.Tongue
For a long time, this was my "go to" cigar. The last few boxes, however, have left me disappointed. The burn was uneven and draw was rough, no matter if I cut the cap or punched. I experimented with different humidity levels, different vendors (three) and have had the same experience with all. I have one box left now but am a little hesitant to open; don't want to be disappointed with them again. Anyone else have this problem with them?
I smoked a double chateau Maddie today, and it was outstanding.. I may have to get a box of the chateau someday.
Scott  
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

Poriggity Wrote:I smoked a double chateau Maddie today, and it was outstanding.. I may have to get a box of the chateau someday.
Scott  
Great smoke,love them more than sungrowns.Sometimes I find them sweeter than hemi maduro's but I understand hemi and anejo's need time,rest,and baby talk.Wink
Cigar Penguin Wrote:
Poriggity Wrote:I smoked a double chateau Maddie today, and it was outstanding.. I may have to get a box of the chateau someday.
Scott  
Great smoke,love them more than sungrowns.Sometimes I find them sweeter than hemi maduro's but I understand hemi and anejo's need time,rest,and baby talk.Wink
Was thinking of getting a box of those also, or maybe the 858 Maduro.  Is there a difference in the blend, or are they just a different size?

novice inhaler Wrote:For a long time, this was my "go to" cigar. The last few boxes, however, have left me disappointed. The burn was uneven and draw was rough, no matter if I cut the cap or punched. I experimented with different humidity levels, different vendors (three) and have had the same experience with all. I have one box left now but am a little hesitant to open; don't want to be disappointed with them again. Anyone else have this problem with them?

At what rh are you storing these? As mentioned earlier, these do much better at 65 - 70%. Any less than that, I find they tend to burn a bit harsh, even with, or especially with, a great deal of aging.

If you're afraid to open that box would be happy to trade you some Edge Toro Maduros for it!! Wink
Great review RR!!

I'm on L.I. too.

Where was that local that you found that deal?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles