Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much is enough?
Its not the money as much as the storage, being a cabinet maker I can make about what I want. But I keep reading when you you get to the point that you have 5-10 yrs worht of smokes stored up , they start to go mild. Now at 35 bxs Im no where near this limit, but at the rate Im going it wont take to long! And once I reach this limit Im in trouble:X because finding and buying is half the fun! Smile
I can store some for you ghost if it will make you feel betterWinkBig Grin
$100 per week, is around $5k per year.  People spend more on their hobbies or going out to dinner, or whatever.  It's a lot more than what I spend, but it doesn't seem outrageous to me.
I spend about $30-40 a week on singles at my local B&M . . . but then there's C-bid . . . Confusedhock:

If you can afford it and it's not getting in the way of other obligations, go for it . . . you can always divvy up any overflow 'monst your BOTL here . . . lol.

NANPâ„¢
NANP™
Viking1
I have to agree with the group on this one.  I unfortunately cannot afford to spend that much anymore, but I averaged between $200-300 per month.  I have recently been picking up a pipe as it is an enjoyable experience and not nearly as expensive.
Like I said , money isnt the prob. The Humidor Im building for my shop will hold me for a good while but once that is full Im back to the drawing board , litterly! My next plan will be for a dedicated room, which I already have the plans floating around in the back of my mind.
denial and amnesia are crucial skills for the cigar fan. never, ever think back and try to total up your cigar spending for a year. as long as there's food on the table and the landlord hasn't dropkicked you, it's all good. works for me.Big Grin
[user=53]Bungalowbill[/user] wrote:
Quote:denial and amnesia are crucial skills for the cigar fan. never, ever think back and try to total up your cigar spending for a year. as long as there's food on the table and the landlord hasn't dropkicked you, it's all good. works for me.Big Grin

Exactly!
My wife just asked me yesterday this very question, and I explained to her that this was exactly like when I buy guns. I can't possibly have too many as they keep making more. She just did this funny thing with her eyes and mumbled something like Oh OK. ( Although I don't think she really means it.) 
Tfire136 Wrote:I always find a way to afford it Smile
That's the way I look at it.
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.