Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wtf?
Irishcelt Wrote:
PO Wrote:Am I the only one?  after I read all the threads under one catagory it still shows as if there is a new post in that thread but there is not.  It's hard to tell which ones have new post.
I have the same problem PO
OK, just checking to see if it was my computer at work.
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
PO Wrote:
Irishcelt Wrote:
PO Wrote:Am I the only one?  after I read all the threads under one catagory it still shows as if there is a new post in that thread but there is not.  It's hard to tell which ones have new post.
I have the same problem PO
OK, just checking to see if it was my computer at work.
Same problem here as well...
yep . . . I can hit "mark all read" for a folder or the whole board, or read everything new in a folder, and as soon as I go into another folder and come back, half the cowboys are back . . . even though nothing new's been posted.

Side note, on my forum, the new posts icon just changes color, and doesn't move (we use Burning Board 2-something, which kicks ass except for everything being in German when you get it . . . ). Point being, a long column of cigars swishing from side to side is just a wee bit distracting . . . not that I'm seizure prone or anything, but . . . geeeez.

What I'm seeing is: new posts in a folder get 1, the cowboy (both on the index and in the folder itself, next to the thread) 2, the color of the folder name changes, 3, the color of the thread title changes, 4, a little arrow button appears next to the thread to take you to the last post (which isn't working well in IE at work btw) and 5, the thread title/post author appear on the index menu on the right-hand side . . . see what I'm getting at? Sure, it's good to know where the new posts are, but that's bigtime overkill! Confusedhock:

I'd be good with just the color change, arrow, and last post to the top/index menu, myself.

NANPâ„¢
[cigar]
NANP™
Viking1
admin Wrote:Most click on the title or the last post icon for the thread.    I figured the new posts would stand out better having an icon, while the old ones dont have anything.   Should I change it back?

Maybe put a frowny face or a Wink for teh ones you've read?  Need something besides an empty white box IMO.  Tongue
(im using firefox btw)
admin Wrote:Most click on the title or the last post icon for the thread.    I figured the new posts would stand out better having an icon, while the old ones dont have anything.   Should I change it back?
Yes. The blank spot is really throwing my eyes.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!