Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monte #2 fakes
on another BB me and some guys got some fivers of these from a guy that I have dealt with before. I just put mine in the humi and didn't really look them over too close. I just got a PM from a guy who bought them too and said his lable does not look like  any of the ones at this link.I looked at mine and mine don't match any of the either,my color is correct light milk chocolate,but the fleur-de-lis is different,the center section sticks way above and the right and left are skinny and loop around and connect to the center section.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Counterfeits/Genuine_Page/0,3392,33,00.html
I looked at some of my old lables and they match the websites correctly.Should I call this guy and tell him? I just sent him $ for 3 fivers of PSD#4's [wtf]
Bluesman, if they don't match the new label nor the one replaced they are probably fake. That being said there can be printing errors from Habanos, but in the case of Monte's the errors are usually limited to being off center a bit. The test as always is in the smoke or if you don't have the experience smoking them, then the dissection may be in order. 
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
I just had one,not a bad smoke but not a monte#2 either.Ripped off again:X if my PSD's are fake too (they are on the way) this guy's name is mud,and I will make an open post about it!!![pirate][one][curse]
Bluesman455 Wrote:I just had one,not a bad smoke but not a monte#2 either.Ripped off again:X if my PSD's are fake too (they are on the way) this guy's name is mud,and I will make an open post about it!!![pirate][one][curse]
Try to do it privately if possible.  It is not hard to be had now days when buying. A lot of suppliers have to purchase on the gray market and while most of the time the cigars are legit, sometimes they get had as well.  The old advice is still the best, deal with LCDH authorized vendors when possible otherwise know your source as best as you can. Your guy may want to make it right when he realizes he got had, before you go after him in public. Just my 2cents.  I am sorry you got burned. 
Bluesman,

PM me where the fakes came from.

Thanks.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
I don't know,it was on the trade forum at HP from a guy I have bought from in the past.:?
Follow the provenance if possible. That guy knows where he got them and so on, there is obviously a faulty source. And Bluesman who ever you got them from needs to make it right with you, he may not even know a fake when he comes across one. Sorry you got burned on this, never good to see.
Hey Don, is this the Realtor guy that was selling 5 packs?
damn dude that sucks, that is why i am always scared to buy like that anymore. Mostly when you spend good money on bad sticks.