Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm so humbled...
Yesterday morning I woke up feeling pretty depressed. With a long list of things I had to get done, I had no ambition to do any of them. I realized the source of my depression was selfishness. On top of everything else it occurred to me that there was no one to take care of me. At least not the way a mom does.

It's been about 24 hours since I saw MikeD. He said he had a gift for me from the "StogieChat" crew...

I spent the last 24 hours looking for words, but none comes. Words to adequately describe my feelings and express my thanks... and embarrassment. I am embarrassed to receive such a gift.

Not in my wildest imagination would I ever imagine a gift such as this. Never have I seen anything like this...

For those of you who don't know (& I think I was the only one who didn't know) Mike gave me yesterday from all of you, the 2005 Prometheus Fuente Fuente Opus X gift box/set. This set contains 22 of the rarest and most impressive (and in some cases, unique) Opus X cigars there are. There all there, the chili pepper, the BBMF, the LBMF, the Opus Shark... and the list goes on. I've drooled over this and never thought I'd own one... In fact, I've drooled over Opus X and never even thought I'd own a box of any of these... And through the incredible generosity of you guys (who have all gone way overboard) I own the finest Opus X collection there is.

I've been typing now for 10 minutes and I am still at a loss for words.

I thought of putting in the "P0RN" section... a thread called "Friend P0RN" and simply listing all of you and maybe including your avatars... I thought of all sorts of stuff,,, all inadequate.

Maybe the best thing I can tell you is, when I woke up this morning I thought about yesterdays thoughts and realized I have true friends here that help to replace the loss in my life. Also, the 4 times I've showed off the box to my friends, I felt a comfort that I've not felt in about 2 months.

From the extreme bottom of my heart.

Thanks.

John

Its good to hear that your heart has lifted a bit and that you are smiling again John.

Dave.

The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Well other than myself, I know you have never met the other guys here on SC in person.  You have made a positive impression on us here and we thought we would try to help you feel better in your difficult time.  We know cigars don't solve problems, but it was the symbolism of the gift of the friendships you have made here that we wanted to give, to help get you going in the right direction again. (I hope that made sense to people other than myself)
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Very well said Mike!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Well Dave and Mike summed it all up for me..............[cigar]
"God is a havana smoker, I've see his gray clouds"
Makes alot of sense MikeD.

Skip, the card that came with it said it all.  We truly hope it brings some sort of warmth in a tough time.

Jim
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
you deserve my friend,just enjoy them and always remember that we are here for you anytime you need to chat. !
We're all here for you bro, never forget that. This is and always has been more than just a community. Enjoy each of those smokes to the fullest Skip.
It's one heck of a symbol... And the card is displayed on my humidor.
Glad you liked it John.  Its good to have you back, and Im glad something like that was able to lift your spirits, and Im even more glad I could be a part of it!
Scott  
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com